7. Free Riding

"Princess

"Princess." You heard a voice "Princess hey." another whisper with a slight shaking of the body. You rolled to lay on your back and refused to open your eyes.
"Come on princess get up." you heard a deep voice of your husband in your ear. You hummed and continued to sleep.
"My lady we need to go." The Prince spoke once again and this time your eyes fluttered open.

"What's up with breaking your rules on this first day of making them, prince?" you questioned incoherently mumbling while rubbing your eyes lazily.
"And that's what you noticed out of the two most important things." he ask trying hard to not roll his eyes at you.
"Where do we have to go then?" you ask what he expected you to do first.
"Royal horse race open season." Hearing this your eyes opened to the full degree.
"Really? What day is it today though? How come I'm not aware of an event which includes horses?" you jolt up and spoke so fluently as if you weren't mumbling in your sleep a minute ago.

"You're into animals?" your husband asks surprised watching you now sit properly on the bed.
"You are making it sound like I'm a polygenic but yes I love animals." you side eye him but express your joy over the discovery.
"So do I princess." the man lights up in delight and was about to grasp your hand in his hold but refrains from doing so in excitement. You notice it and move aside the covers on your body and lean in and hold your husband's hands, smiling to convey your excitement. He grips your hand, raising it higher and smiles back.

"Great, then let's not delay our chance to eye the majestic beauty beforehand." your husband bribes you and you find your smile turning wide as you get out of the bed the next minute leaving your husband there laughing at your excited form.
"Slow down princess the bath is slippery." he voices out as he sees you dashing towards the bathroom.
"Thanks prince." you answer the warning before closing the door behind you. Your husband continues to smile for a minute until his jaws ache and then he decides to walk out of his chambers to call Beatrice. He has to get the best dress prepared for you before you exit the bathroom.

After a lavish shower you get out to see your husband and Beatrice in a serious discussion over two platted yet elegant gown. Your bathrobe laded figure walked out to see your husband having a hard time in deciding whether you should wear the green or the lilac gown. You looked back on the dressing stand to see your husband's grey suit paired with a white frilled inner, hung on the stand. A green broach of the Royal Horse Stables was tuck on the right which made it easier for you to decide what to dress in.

"Beatrice is my dress ready. I need to slip in urgently." you interrupt and shift your weight in each of your toes to avoid unneeded attention on your body.
"Yes My lady, you just have to choose which one of these you want to endorse given to the event you are attending." Beatrice addressed like a royal attendant and you got a clear view of the dresses when she held them up to display.
You focus on the dresses to see that lilac was sweet and elegant but it was revealing from the front and the slit thigh cut, green on the other hand was long, serving as quite a hurdle in a race course but it was beautiful and classy with the net covering the entirety of the back. You had a hard time in deciding so you turned to face your man.
"Which one would you suggest Prince?"
The Prince looked up and tried to focus on your face which lasted for a mere second as he turned away to face the clothes.
"I personally think that green would suit you but it's your choice and the dress's comfort level after all so it's up to you princess." he express and explain equally making it easier to finalize.