Chapter 3

"You have children!?"

     Yes I realise that, that wasn't the best thing to say when I could clearly see that she did in fact have two kids.

     "Charlotte!" Liz hisses giving me a glare.

     "I'm sorry.... I'm just shocked, but happy to have you here and um..... Just wow." I try to amend, ending my sentence with a grimace.

      Liz gives up, rolling her eyes and walking away with the baby boy in her arms.

         "I'm sorry if this makes you uncomfortable -" she begins

        "It doesn't" I cut in being completely honest.

        "If it's going to be a problem I can always leave." She finishes strong but I could see the tiredness in her eyes.

      "What, no, It doesn't, I would never kick anyone out just because they have kids... I'm just.... You just don't look like a mom, honestly quite jealous of your figure"

      She lets out a laugh, "Thank you... Would you like to hold her?" She offers.

       My eyes widen as I look at the little bundle in her hands.

       "Oh no thank you but.... I'm not good with tiny people". I decline getting up from the chair.

         "Welcome to our home Lily ".

     "Thank you for coming, please don't return and I hope your day treats you the way you treat your cashiers." I don't bother trying to hide my sarcastic smile or my hate for the customer in front of me.

        She was one of those demanding, self entitled customers who believed the world revolved around her coffee and dessert choices. She also gave way too much about herself and proceeded to tell me how unhappy she was about my service and how much she misses her regular cashier Cindy, who would have noticed her new hair and nails.

      I didn't give a fuck.

     With an even more over exaggerated eye roll, that looks more like her nearing the brink of an epileptic episode she walks away, unlucky her really. Maybe if she had been nicer, I wouldn't have messed with  her order deliberately.

        Anyway, working at Kris' wasn't on my agenda for today, so was answering stupid questions, but when Kris called, it was best you answered and came running.

    On the plus side I always got free desserts.

     Depending on how you define free.

I define it as taking without permission and not being caught. However it sounds like the other definition to me

Free is free

    I had eagerly left the house in a bid to run away form Liz and her weird questions on her weird infatuation of me and Elliots non existent relationship.