Chapter 10

"Should I be thinking about getting a restraining order against you?" I ask the bright eyed boy in front of me.

When I had hopped on the weekend shift at Kris I really hadn't expected to have him as a customer.

It was bothersome, then again everything with Eliot was.

He had this stupid bright smile on his stupid pretty face and I found it hard to imagine him threatening people.

For Christ sake he had on a lilac shirt, what kind of man threatening man puts on a lilac shirt on a hot Saturday. Looking like something out of a freaking princess book,

Fucking cunt.

And I hated the fact that he looked so good in it, like a freaking model, I of course would never tell him that. He was a pain in my ass already.

"Funny how you think that would stop me from seeing you?" He replies leaning on the counter like it was his freaking birthright to look this good, in a stupid lilac shirt and shit....

Again, a lilac shirt really?
Bitch was too bright for my gloomy day.

"Do you say that to all the girls who have dreams of killing you ?." He chuckles at my response taking a quick sweep of my appearance his eyes staying a little too long on my lips.

"Just one... And it's good to know I'm in her dreams."

"More like nightmares" I murmur rolling my eyes.

"Now I don't think that's how you treat a customer and before you respond I would like to remind you that the customer is always right." My scowl deepens.

Fucker had me cornered, Kris was a few feet away from me in the kitchen, if she heard a customer complaining for shit then I would get shit.

"What the fuck do you want Eliot?" I whisper shout the urge to pull him by his collar over the counter and strangle him stronger than the urge to eat the cookies on the counter.

"I want a lot of things but for now, I'll just settle with whatever pastries you would have".He replies with a cocky smile on his face.

Giving him my signature glare I package four pastries in the bag for him, not caring to ask for any allergies or dislikes, he could choke for all I care.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I had given him his order hours ago, and unfortunately he didn't choke and die from an allergic reaction to any of the goods, but he did stay...
For some weird reason he sat patiently in the booth at the far back of the cafe, his eyes following my movement, like he was in a trance and all he could see was me.

It made me self conscious.

I was in my work uniform which consisted of a grey top and a black pleated skirt, best to say this was the most unflattering outfit I had in my closet, and somehow he was looking at me like he was looking at a piece of expensive art, the kind you buy but never touch, just hang on a wall and stare at it all day because each day you find something new about it that you like.

It unnerved me and I stuck to reassuring myself that he was just looking at me because he was trying to think of new ways to torment my ass.

"Is he your friend?" Kris asks leaning against the counter looking at me while I munch on a chocolate chip cookie.

Of course she had told me to get my dirty hands of her pastries but I had a weird thing for chocolate chip cookies so here we are.

"God no." I mumble picking up a second cookie.