Chapter 8

As requested and promised.....

   Elliots pov;

She ran away from me... Again.

     She seemed to do that whenever I reached her limits and I tend to reach her limits a lot.

     The first time I saw Rain was on a Wednesday, she was just a freshman rushing to class and I was heading to the library, she had bumped into me with the faint smell of chocolate trailing after her.

       I don't know what it was at that time, maybe it was her voice or her scent or the color of her skin that was so pretty I have never seen anything like it, whatever it was it had me pinning over her for years, even after I found out she was my captain's little sister.

      She was off limits but weren't all temptations.

        The problem was whenever I tried to make her mine she would be with someone else and over the years she didn't hide the fact that I wasn't her favourite person.

         And then I saw the opportunity to steal her from Casper... So I took it.

       They were in the same year, for all I knew she always dated seniors, which gave me hope that I had a chance, but then Casper came along and well I knew he was bad news,I had heard him telling his friends in the library about his little plan to embarrass her in front of the whole school the night before the game.

         Firstly, they choose a shitty location to plot that kind of cheap shit, secondly, should I have told Rain about this? Yes

     Did I? No

Was that a dick move?.... Most definitely

  But what better way to throw myself into her axis than to be her knight in shining armour, save the day and so what if I was stealing a kiss nothing would go wrong....

       Except everything went wrong, the kiss replayed more than anything else I have heard and witnessed in my life, I would close my eyes and still feel her around me.

          I felt shitty for not telling her and yeah she was right to assume I was using her to save face, but I wasn't and I was freaking desperate.... This was my last year in college and I needed to know if I had a chance with the woman of my dreams or not.

         Turns out I do have a chance, no matter how hard Rain tried to deny it, she felt something for me, maybe it wasn't like, I was sure as hell it wasn't love but I knew it was something close to an attraction we couldn't deny.

       And like the desperate bastard I was, I took all of the little she gave.

          She was feisty and smart and no matter where she went she drew attention. Be it with her dark caramel skin or her beautiful soft looking hair that  was always in a neat braid... Or maybe it was the colour of her eyes, that drew you in like a moth to the flame, you wouldn't realise you were nearing your doom till her eyes stripped you apart and made you burn.

        So competitive it was too attractive for me not to notice, even when she knew I would win  the little bet she made sure she got her own win in some way...

       Her way being the deep red slashes on my back that I didn't notice till I took a shower and it stung like a bitch.

        I wanted Charlotte and I'll be damned if I don't have her.

          "You have that look in your eyes again." Aiden tsk resting on the locker beside mine

     Practice ended a few minutes ago, but trust Aiden to be ready to leave and get to his girlfriend.

        He was my best friend, smart determined, calculative, he was all that but he was also a love sick puppy.

           "What look are you talking about?" I ask feign ignorance while I  put my shit together.

        "The  'I'm thinking about Charlotte look'. " He replies and I roll my eyes.

        "Are we really having this conversation again?."

         "Yes we are.". He replies and I let out a small chuckle.

       "I've told you before and I'll say it again ... I'm going for Charlotte and that's final."

      "Boy you ain't even her type." He scoffs.

       "And what is her type?"

   I appreciated the fact that he was looking out for the both of us in his own way, but in doing so he was making me freaking anxious.

           "Black guys are her type bro, boys whose skin tone matches her own, and well you don't exactly fall in that category ."

    "And what's that supposed to mean, cause you sound very racist right now." I tease, we have had this conversation so many times I already could tell how it would end.

    Yes I knew Charlotte went for black guys, every guy she dated was black, including fucking Casper and  well I wasn't exactly dark but that didn't necessarily crush my hopes,

    "Listen I don't mean to sound like that, but what makes you think you have a shot? She is just fresh out of a relationship and well your ass is as black as rice."

       "Gee way to boost my fucking confidence asshole."

      He shakes his head like he was tired of me, I wouldn't blame him, I was like a petulant child when it came to this matter.

        " Listen man, you are a good dude and maybe she would go for you, even with everything you got going on, but I'm telling you man she is bad news, Charlotte maybe my best friend, heck I see her as a sister but I promise you that she will wreck you in ways you would never imagine."

         "Then I guess I'll just have to love every second of her wrecking me Aiden."

      Next update;

      Next update;

          Probably Saturday

          Enjoy your weekend

Love Crystal 🔮