Chapter 9

I do realise that I am walking with the grace and elegance of a bratty five year old who is trying to prove a point

That point would be I hated what I was about to do my point is, it was killing me on the inside and I hadn't even done it.

My point is I would rather roast my eyes like a marshmallow at a camp fire than apologize to Elliot, but alas it had to be done for courtesy demands that I have manners.

And trust me, I had wanted to say courtesy be damned but my conscience had been tripped head first and straight into guilt.

How? You may ask.... Well I found out how he got rid of those rumours and well it didn't sound pretty

Did I feel bad? a little bit, but I was grateful,

Was it a little too much? Yes, yes it was

I really didn't expect that kind of darkness from a guy who spoke to me like he shat rainbows, but hey it was either them or him, I would say he made a good choice.

My sources had told me that he was most definitely in Smalls. Smalls was a cute little cafe that had a decent enough library on the first and second floor, I didn't expect him to be that kind of guy but hey, man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

My loud thumps echoed in the quiet place and as I passed the middle aged librarian I was not so gracefully given the middle finger.

That has got to be the meanest librarian I have ever seen.

I spotted his towering figure in the paranormal isle, didn't take him for that kind of guy but what does it matter, I came here for one thing and I would be damned if I got carried away.

"Threatening innocent people? That's what we're doing?". I question folding my hands while I try to stare him down.

Keyword; try

Bitch was above six foot, it was a hard ass task.

With the gracefulness and eagerness of the freaking Queen Elizabeth he casts me a glance, his eyes sparkling with what had to be amusement, before he oh so carefully put the book away.

"I have no idea what you are talking about". He responds leaning against the bookshelf and pushing his glasses up his stupid pretty face.

"Don't play clueless with me asshole." I snap folding my hands under my chest and levelling him with a glare

"You said you wanted the rumours gone, and now they are gone" he replied straightening up.

"Yeah well I didn't really expect you to freaking threaten half the student body."

"Not half the student body, half of the broadcasting team... And everyone who ever said shit about it."

I give him a "really " look

"What does it even matter, they stopped talking right? so that means you have no reason to be mad, or be hear looking for me... It's almost like you are dying to see me Rain"

His scent cornered me faster than he did, as always he infiltrated all my senses, his body heat warming me up in the best way possible.

"Almost like you'll find any excuse to see me or be near me." He whispers.

"Don't flatter your self." I mutter meeting his eyes.
Intense and sharp and completely intentional, his eyes said the things he didn't, and I was positive they knew all the shit I wasn't saying.... Shit.

"Yeah?... Then tell me why you drove all the way here to call me out on some bull shit you don't care about it." He whispers biting my earlobe softly

He was right I didn't give a shit, so why the hell was I here

"Stop flattering yourself Eliot's you mean shit to me and for fucks sakes stop touching me."

Breaking away from his hold I walk more like stomp away from him. My heart beating twice as fast because I couldn't convince myself that he was wrong. A part of me knew he was right.

And that fucking annoyed me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OMG

A thousand reads
Are you serious?
Are you serious?

I didn't expect this guyss like
Wtf

I am so shook
Thank you guyss
Thanks to my old readers and new readers

I went on a break because school started so I really wasn't paying attention to this
But gotdamn I didn't expect this

I am so freaking happy

This is a filler chapter, expect more to come
Thanks for reading
Love 🔮

Don't forget to hit that star
Share and comment
Don't be a silent reader