Chapter 5

He stared down at me, excitement in his stupid pretty eyes and I wanted nothing more than to pluck them out with a skewer

       The whole field seemed to have come to a stop, the air thrumming with anticipation,

    What was I going to do to their captain?

    Taking a deep breath I tame the feeling in my chest.

       "Have you seen them?" I question.
   My father always told me to never jump too quickly into conclusions, I believed he had seen those rumours, but then again I also would like to think he hadn't.

     His smile drops from his face, a crease forms on his forehead and for some reason I want to wipe it away.

     I also want to use his face as a floor wipe so that means nothing.

         "The rumours Elliot... Have you heard of the rumours?"  I emphasize crossing my hand over my chest and staring him down, in hopes that he would spill what I hoped was the truth.
   That truth being that he somehow had a hand in the stupid rumour.

     Before he can however reply coach cuts him off

      "Elliot, get your girlfriend off my field you are interrupting practice."

       I snap my head in the direction of coach Williams and give him my best death glare, to which he responds with an eye roll before he goes back to talking to one of his players.

      That's when it occurred to me that Aiden wasn't on the field.

       Snapping my head back to Elliot I ask him.

      "Aiden had a little issue with his Lit teacher, said he would run a little late... What rumour are you talking about?" He replies leading me away from the field his hands wrapped around my forearm and the urge to pull away grew bigger than the urge to shove Coach Williams whistle down his throat.

        "This rumour Elliot." I say shoving my phone in his face when we get far away from the other players and under the shade.

         Taking my phone from my hand I nearly choke, when his fingers brush against me. His touch physically burned me.

      I watched his reaction like a hawk, waiting for him to slip up, but he didn't, his frown deepened and his eyes darkened, but not in the way they did when he kissed me in the art building.

      "You think I did it?". He questions snapping his head up, and the look in his eyes has me nearly feeling bad for blaming him.

     Nearly...

          "I don't think Elliot.... I know this is your fault." I snap snatching my phone from his hand and shoving it into my bag.

         "My fault?"

        "If you had just let me be at the football game then this stupid rumour wouldn't have started."

     "I couldn't let Casper do that to you-"