3

The Vanishing Glass

10 years later...
Harry's POV
4, Privet Drive
"Back to Prongslet again..." Sirius hummed.

The sun rose on the same tidy front gardens and lit up the brass number four on the Dursleys front door; it crept into their living room, which was almost exactly the same as it had been on the night when Mr. Dursley had seen that fateful news report about the owls. Ten years ago, there had been lots of pictures of what looked like a large pink beach ball wearing different-coloured bonnets — but Dudley Dursley was no longer a baby, and now the photographs showed a large blond boy riding his first bicycle, on a carousel at the fair, playing a computer game with his father, being hugged and kissed by his mother. The room held no sign at all that another boy lived in the house, too. Yet, Harry Potter was still there, asleep at the moment, but not for long. His Aunt Petunia was awake and it was her shrill voice that made the first noise of the day.

"Up! Get up! Now!" Harry woke with a start.

Lily's eyes widens in shock as she hears her sister's shrill and rude voice.
Severus stared at the screen in disgust, he already hated her, but hearing her voice makes him want to drown in the Black Lake. Other students covered their ears, the woman's voice sounds like a screaming banshee, much like Walburga.

His aunt rapped on the door again. "Up!" , she screeched. Harry heard her walking toward the kitchen and then the sound of the frying pan being put on the stove. He rolled onto his back and tried to remember the dream he had been having. It had been a good one. There had been a flying motorcycle in it.

His aunt was back outside the door.

"Are you up yet?" she demanded.

"Damn woman... so demanding..."Barty muttered.

"Nearly", said Harry. "Well, get a move on, I want you to look after the bacon. And dont you dare let it burn, I want everything perfect on Duddys birthday. Harry groaned. What did you say?" , his aunt snapped through the door. "Nothing, nothing..."

"He's not a house elf!" James shouted angrily. Minerva was shocked and livid that the boy that Albus and her let stay at the house treated the same as a house elf. Everyone shouted at the screen, the Slytherins (more specifically the purebloods), sneers at the muggles for using one of their kind as a house elf.

Dudleys birthday — how could he have forgotten? Harry got slowly out of bed and started looking for socks. He found a pair under his bed and, after pulling a spider off one of them, put them on. Harry was used to spiders, because the cupboard under the stairs was full of them, and that was where he slept.

"What!? This is outrageous!! He sleeps under the cupboard!?" Lily and James almost fainted then and there.

"Those mudbloods have a death wish," Bellatrix spoke with disgust. "Treating a young wizard like a house elf, such despicable."