17

BOSS FIGHT

"Boss fight? Cool!" Blaise exclaimed in excitement

"Boss fight? Cool!" Blaise exclaimed in excitement. He had always wanted to see them fight a god.

Many others were excited too.

A coastguard boat picked them up, but they were too busy to keep the quartet for long or wonder how four kids in street clothes had gotten out into the middle of the bay. There was a disaster to mop up. Their radios were jammed with distress calls.

They had to drop the demigods and satyr off at the Santa Monica Pier with towels around their shoulders and water bottles that said, 'I'M A JUNIOR COAST GUARD!' And sped off to save more people.

The quartet's clothing was soaking wet, even Percy's (apparently since he's the son of Poseidon, unless he wanted to, he couldn't get wet). Percy was barefoot because he'd given Grover his shoes. Better the coastguards wonder why one of them were barefoot than wonder why one of them have hooves.

After reaching dry land, they stumbled down the beach, watching the city burn against a beautiful sunrise. (Name) felt as if she had just come back from the dead— which she had.

Some were snickering at the dead joke.

"I don't believe it," Annabeth said. "We went all that way—."

"It was a trick," Percy said. "A strategy worthy of Athena."

"Hey," the blonde warned, but (Name) nudged her lightly with her elbow and gave her a look.

"You get it, don't you?" Percy stated.

She dropped her eyes, anger fading. "Yeah, I get it."

"Well, I don't!" Grover complained. "Would somebody—."

"Percy," (Name) stated, she clenched her fist tightly by her chest, guilt filled her expression, regretting her decision deeply. "I'm sorry about your mother. I should've bargained with Hades to switch places with her instead."

"Nope. Nuh-uh!" Sirius shook his head, not agreeing with his daughter.

"You're crazy!"

"Are you an idiot?!"

Many others protested against what the demiwitch said. They knew if she would've stayed behind, she'd get killed even if Hades is her uncle or brother-in-law.

"Well, I thought it was a good idea at that time," (Name) shrugged. "I mean, Sally is defenseless while I'm armed. That's why I thought I could've stayed back and at least persuade him."