12

TUNNEL OF LOVE... MORE LIKE TUNNEL OF EMBARRASSMENT

(Edited in some parts! Please don't be shocked, okay? Bye)

The three demigods and satyr groaned at the title.

"Why? What is it?" Harry asked Annabeth.

"Oh... this really brings back memories," the blonde shook her head. "You'll have to watch and see what happened there."

This made many others confused before the scene started playing.

The next afternoon, June 14, seven days before the solstice, their train rolled into Denver. They hadn't eaten since the night before in the dining car, somewhere in Kansas. They hadn't taken a shower since Half-Blood Hill, and it was sure that was obvious.

"Let's try to contact Chiron," Annabeth said. "I want to tell him about your talk with the river spirit."

"We can't use phones, right?" Percy asked and both girls shook their heads.

"What's a phone?" Arthur asked, before Hermione had to explain it to him. Molly was shaking her head at how interested her husband was into muggle items.

"Wait, how did you know what a phone is? I thought that phones cannot be used in camp and like no one even knew what a phone looks like there?" Remus asked his niece.

"Remember when I was around six or seven?" (Name) started off, making some of them nod. "Yeah, I saw one in the library once and I asked the lady there and she explained it to me. It's quite surprising that she was nice unlike some others I've met before."

"Ann's not talking about phones," (Name) answered. "We'll tell you when we get there."

They wandered through downtown for about half an hour, though Percy wasn't sure what the girls were looking for. The air was dry and hot, which felt weird after the humidity of St Louis. Everywhere they turned, the Rocky Mountains seemed to be staring at him, like a tidal wave about to crash into the city.

Finally, they found an empty do-it-yourself car wash. They veered towards the stall furthest from the street, keeping their eyes open for patrol cars. They were four adolescents (and their 'pet' lizard) hanging out at a car wash without a car; any cop worth his doughnuts would figure they were up to no good.

"We solemnly swear we're up to no good," the three marauders, (Name), Percy, Harry and George said in unison. They shared a smile at each other, knowing the passcode of the map.

This made everyone (except Hermione and Ron) creeped out and confused at that.

"What exactly are we doing?" Percy asked, as Grover took out the spray gun.

"Calling camp," (Name) gave a short answer, taking a sip from her bottle. Una was in her hip bag getting some rest.

"Calling? Like how?" Theodore asked, still confused.