19

THROUGH THE TRAPDOOR

In years to come, Harry would never quite remember how he had managed to get through his exams when he half expected Voldemort to come bursting through the door at any moment

In years to come, Harry would never quite remember how he had managed to get through his exams when he half expected Voldemort to come bursting through the door at any moment. Yet the days crept by, and there could be no doubt that Fluffy was still alive and well behind the locked door.

It was sweltering hot, especially in the large classroom where they did their written papers. They had practical exams as well. Professor Flitwick called them one by one into his class to see if they could make a pineapple tap dance across a desk.

Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuffbox -- points were given for how pretty the snuffbox was, but taken away if it had whiskers. Snape made them all nervous, breathing down their necks while they tried to remember how to make a Forgetfulness potion. Well... (Name) on the other hand, did extremely well, passing that subject with flying colours even without struggling to remember the process, which was downright unsurprising.

Regulus was proud of his niece being good at one of his favourite subjects. It's also a good thing that she shared some similarities with him.

Harry did the best he could, trying to ignore the stabbing pains in his forehead, which had been bothering him ever since his trip into the forest. Ron thought Harry had a bad case of exam nerves because Harry couldn't sleep, but the truth was that Harry kept being woken by his old nightmare, except that it was now worse than ever because there was a hooded figure dripping blood in it.

The Potters and Lily were scared about the health of their future descendant. It was painful to watch it since they were all dead when this had happened.

Maybe it was because they hadn't seen what Harry had seen in the forest, or because they didn't have scars burning on their foreheads, but Ron, Hermione and (Name) didn't seem as worried about the Stone as Harry. The idea of Voldemort certainly scared them, but he didn't keep visiting them in dreams, and they were so busy with their studying they didn't have much time to fret about what Snape or anyone else might be up to.

(Name) has been visiting the Hagrid during the breaks to bury the unicorns. It was a horrible sight to see them brutally killed by the creature. The demiwitch also created makeshift graves which was under a field of white orchids. It was also a surprise that her sister, Persephone, Goddess of Underworld visited her in her dreams to discuss about the situation that happened in the forest.

Everyone was shocked to see that Gods are able to talk with the demigods in their dreams.

Their very last exam was History of Magic. One hour of answering questions about batty old wizards who'd invented self stirring cauldrons and they'd be free, free for a whole wonderful week until their exam results came out. When the ghost of Professor Binns told them to put down their quills and roll up their parchment, Harry couldn't help cheering with the rest.