Chapter 1 - Malfoy

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

It wasn't as if Hermione Granger hadn't noticed Draco Malfoy's delicious scent before.

There had been many times her scowls had hidden her own astonishment as she gazed into his gray eyes while they hissed hateful words at each other, intent upon burying their true feelings under insults.

Still, as she passed Draco on her way to the Gryffindor's training section of the Quidditch stadium late one afternoon, she nearly broke her neck as she turned around to look at Draco.

"What are you staring at, Granger?" He huffed as he shot her a hateful sneer.

His brow furrowed in anger while his chest heaved from the exertion brought on by his  practice session.

Hermione's eyes widened as the telltale richness of Draco's scent reached her.

From the sweat that soaked through his Quidditch robes, it became unignorable to Hermione that Draco had indeed presented as......

"You're an alpha!" She gasped before she could stop herself.

Draco balked as if she had struck him.

"Did you expect anything less?" He snapped.

A tense silence gathered as Hermione's amber stare flickered questioningly over his face.

She kept her eyes narrowed as Draco scowled and stalked towards her.

There was a sinister subtleness in the way he moved that made her want to cry out until he eventually backed her against the Quidditch stadium wall.

In that moment, she realized exactly how tall he had become.

Her back pressed against the hard wood as Draco laid a hand on the surface, somewhere nearby her head and gazed down at her like a white serpent eyeing a mouse.

"How dare you take me for a fool.......Don't think I haven't noticed." He huffed.

Hermione's cheeks almost instantly flushed a dark shade of pink from her mortification.

Had their years of hateful flirting finally culminated in a confession?

"What are you talking about, Malfoy?" She asked.

"Haven't Potter and Weasley said anything at all?" Draco demanded as he narrowed his gray eyes to slits, "For goodness sakes, Granger! I can smell it when you walk down the hallway! I would think the lot of them had already come sniffing 'round you the instant they realized you were an omega. Easy target for them both, aren't you?"

"Harry and Ron are my friends!" Hermione retorted as she shot him a defiant glare, "......Nothing more!"

She let out a breath as Draco's cold gaze scanned over her.

"Their loss, Granger." He whispered as he leaned down.

"Malfoy....." Hermione gasped as an incredulous grin flashed across her face.

Draco blinked as he gave her a questioning frown.

"Anyone could happen by and see us here, like this. What on earth are you doing?" Hermione questioned with a nervous chuckle.

"The idea that I'd torment someone like you is believable." He wisely assessed.

The matter-of-fact way he spoke surprised Hermione.

Haughtiness and arrogance had all but left his voice as he carefully thought about how he could answer questions hurled at them should anyone find them there, in that compromised state.