Chapter 8 - Never Letting Go

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

"Draco, you have to let me go!" Hermione laughed one morning as she ate from the breakfast tray he sat in front of her.

After the surprisingly mild first few weeks of pregnancy had passed, her belly had rounded before either of them had expected.

Much to Hermione's mutual delight and consternation, Draco's protective instincts had doubled the moment he noticed she had developed a tummy.

His hands rarely left the swell.

The couple often indulged in long, warm baths together in the evenings, during which, Hermione found little benefit from the soothing water on her skin as her abdomen stayed covered by her mate's hovering grip.

If she asked for anything, Draco sent for it in a blind panic.

If she complained of the slightest ache, his eyes widened and his wand was in his hand, ready to call the midwife until she had protested for a good half hour.

He padded over to his ebony dresser while he shrugged, "You knew the day I brought you here, Granger.....The spell is weak enough, you can break the bonds whenever you want and walk out. You're not a real prisoner."

"I am, though!" She chuckled, "I can't possibly leave now, not since we......"

Draco turned to look at her as he unbuttoned his nightshirt.

"And.....you're my......." Hermione stumbled for words as her alpha let his nightshirt slip from his smooth, toned shoulders to slide to the floor in an elegant flutter.

The previous evening had left him without any bottoms on at all.

As Draco stood there, bare before her, in the streaming, early morning light that whispered into the room through the crack in his damask curtains, Hermione couldn't help but stare.

From his chiseled shoulders to the lines of smooth muscle that wound across his abdomen......all the way down to the part Hermione had discovered she liked best about him, Draco Malfoy commanded her attention.

"Your what, Granger?" He asked in a tone that came out rougher than he intended as he turned to open the drawer of his dresser and choose his clothes for the day.

"It's been ages since I've contacted my parents!" Hermione sighed.

"I had a letter sent that you went on holiday with a friend." Draco shrugged.

Hermione's mouth fell open at his unabashed audacity.

"........I haven't written to Ron or Harry either, they must be out of their minds with worry." She huffed as she crossed her arms.

"I had letters sent to each of them as well......and your employer also. That was the easiest bit, since my father managed to be promised his job back at the ministry." Draco casually mentioned.

Hermione resisted the urge to climb out of bed and pinch her mate's rounded cheeks.

"You're absolutely rotten, Malfoy." She chuckled as she watched him slide his arms into his shirt.

"You prefer me this way, Granger." Draco proudly determined as he held her gaze while he pulled the garment over his shoulders.

"It's impolite to stare, you know." He casually remarked as he buttoned the wrists of his shirt, "Didn't your parents teach you any manners?"

"I could ask the same of you." Hermione retorted as Draco's gray eyes settled on the outlines of her plump nipples that pressed obscenely against the fabric of her silk lounging gown.