Chapter 11 - Mrs. Malfoy

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

An hour later, Draco sat behind his beloved and watched as his son and daughter enjoyed their first meal while the midwife finished tending her eldest patient.

"I love you." Hermione whispered as she let her tired head fall back to rest on Draco's chest.

"..........And I love you." He answered in a low purr, "You're amazing Granger.......strong.....beautiful."

"I don't feel very beautiful right now." She chuckled as she struggled not to shake while she held her babies.

From the cramps her angry, newly emptied womb still forced her to endure to the total body soreness that slowly settled in as the adrenaline rush from the birth wore off, although Hermione and the bed had been cleaned, beauty was the last thing she thought she could achieve.

"You've never looked as beautiful as you do right now." Draco whispered as he leaned down and kissed her ear.

A tender firmness permeated his voice that Hermione had never heard before.

She blamed the hormones for her reaction, but as she listened to his words, happy tears flooded her amber eyes.

Draco couldn't help but feel a similar wetness threatening to destroy his manhood as he kissed his weeping omega's face and pulled her in close  with their twins comfortably cradled in her arms.

He had often fantasized about managing to find some sort of happiness in his privileged yet lonely life.

Regardless, he could never have imagined he would ever experience the joy that Hermione had given him.

—————————————————————

Draco paid the midwife an extra fee to stay on for the next couple of days in case Hermione or his twins needed any unexpected assistance.

Relieved to have an unbiased, skilled, third party ready and available to help who also maintained a respectful distance unless her services were requested, Hermione and Draco took that time to settle into parenthood without the social pressure that visits from family and friends would inevitably bring.

Draco tried to be as considerate of his mate's ordeal as possible.

As Hermione lounged in her nest and tried to sleep between the frequent feedings their newborns demanded, Draco supported her in every way he could.

If Hermione woke in the night to tend their crying babies, Draco woke with her.

Early one morning, just after the darkest part of the night had passed, Hermione shuffled over to the bassinet that lay next to the bed she shared with her alpha.

She had learned to wake before her little ones' hungry whimpers turned into full blown cries of impatient frustration.

Draco had learned to rouse as soon as he felt the mattress underneath him move.

"Are they ready again?" He asked Hermione groggily as he sat up and wiped his face.

"I know I am." She sighed as she placed a hand protectively over her full breasts before she leaned down and scooped both of their babies into her waiting arms.

Draco smirked sleepily as she trailed back over to the bed and sat down on the mattress.

His hands moved quickly as he adjusted the pillows behind her while she leaned back and exposed her breasts to her waiting newborns' hungry mouths.