Chapter 7 - Real

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Hermione's ongoing cycle crescendoed with a bout of furious, punishing cramps just after she and Draco took their tea two days later.

He stayed next to her the entire team, gently kneading her back until the urge to feel his lips against hers overcame her once more and they found themselves tumbling through the covers again.

Hermione had always rolled her eyes at her peers who went on and on daydreaming about their first time inviting their future mates into their nest and what wonders waited there for them to discover.

She had never felt more humbled when Draco took her into his arms and showed her what a true lover was.

Exhausted by the evening, they enjoyed a snuggle punctuated by their usual banter after they dined on the meal Draco had delivered to their door.

He served them both in bed, thoughtful enough to not burden his darling mate with the great task of pulling her aching body from her nest to complete the onerous task of eating.

The next days that passed were some of the happiest Hermione had ever known.

The world was a blissful, peaceful place, with no wars, no fears, no pain or anxieties at all.

Her nest was soft and comfortable.

The fire crackled from the hearth while Draco held her close.

The couple kissed and talked between coupling sessions, with other breaks consisting of consuming whatever foods Hermione requested.

Draco even presented her proof of the free-to-work contracts he had drawn up with his family's remaining house elves behind his parents' backs, including salaries and retirement pensions.

It wasn't until nearly a fortnight after her cycle ended that it occurred to Hermione exactly how reckless she had become.

"Why are you smirking at me like that?" She chuckled at Draco one evening as he eyed her with a devious grin as their lips met over and over.

"Promise me something, Granger." Draco whispered huskily as he dove in for another kiss.

Their affection was as sweet as it was slow.

Hermione couldn't wait to hear what he wanted her to vow, but she made no means to rush their kiss.

When they broke apart at last in the middle of deep, breathy sighs, Hermione slowly opened her eyes to meet Draco's gray gaze as she whispered, "......Anything."

"You'll let me name our daughter after you." Draco nodded as a soft smirk played across his lips.

"Our daughter?" Hermione blinked before she smiled warmly and raised a hand to lay on Draco's cheek as she spoke, "It's a bit early for those sorts of promises, isn't it, Malfoy?"

"Not when you haven't bled since we mated." Draco quipped as he stole another sweet kiss from her.

Hermione's eyes widened as he pulled away.

"Am I missing something?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow, "I thought omegas usually had to suffer through regular menstruation once their heats concluded. Don't they call it the-"

"'The empty womb's revenge'." Hermione cut him off, "Yes, I read the phrase was coined by a witch in ancient times who never wanted children or a mate........"

Draco's grin didn't lessen as he watched realization dawn on her as she stared off into the distance.

"I......" Hermione stammered as she shook her head, "I've been late before, Draco, that doesn't necessarily mean that-"