Chapter 12 - Draco's Family

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Narcissa had been the first to give Hermione a chance.

After languishing in their own defeat, she had risen to the occasion first to welcome her only son's new wife and to bond with her grandchildren.

Lucius eventually followed, although he maintained an aloofness with his daughter-in-law  similar to that of which he showed Draco.

Hermione chose not to take offense.

The youngest Malfoy couple decided to live with their children in the new wing of the manor that the family comissioned.

Mr. and Mrs. Granger were frequent visitors to the magical estate.

The first visit Narcissa had hoped her daughter-in-law would see as a peace offering, the ones that followed were brought on by both sets of grandparents as the older Malfoy couple actually discovered they enjoyed the Grangers' company once they looked past their blood status.

Hermione's position at the Ministry became more remote than she anticipated, but between Draco, her heats, and their children, she found herself with amazingly little time to work.

Another set of twins was born eighteen months after the first.

Another little boy followed the next winter.

A third little girl came nearly two years later.

By the time Draco and Hermione celebrated a decade of marriage, Malfoy Manor had been transformed.

The antique mansion was no longer a damask hall of horrors that sheltered nightmares and grim memories, instead, it was a place of joy and play, where Hermione and Draco's children ran laughing through the halls.

There were days when Hermione marveled at her sons' and daughters' blind acceptance of their home.

The Malfoy children had no idea about what their birthplace had been used for, years before their conception.

The Malfoy children had no idea their father had saved their mother's life late one fated evening as their own great aunt-

"-Mummy?" A quiet voice asked.

Hermione found herself abruptly thrown from her thoughts as she turned to smile down at her youngest daughter, who had inherited Draco's gray eyes and her own brown, bushy hair.

"What is it, sweetheart?" Hermione smiled.

"I just wanted to ask," The little girl said shyly as she glanced down at the floor and put her hands behind her back, "........May I touch your belly again?"

"Of course." Hermione said with a warm smile.

The little girl flashed her mother a happy smile as Hermione moved her hands out of the way and let her daughter place her own tiny palms over the curve of her swollen womb.

"........Angelina?" Draco asked as he walked through the parlor doorway and found his young daughter with his wife, "Are you bothering Mummy again? Remember what I told you about her needing her rest?"

Angelina, the little girl, frowned until Hermione looked at Draco and scoffed, "Don't be cruel to her! She's not bothering me in the least!"

"I'm not, Mummy?" Angelina frowned.

"Of course you aren't, sweetheart." Hermione smiled as she looked back at her little one and moved a strand of hair away from her face, "You could never bother me."