Chapter 5 - What Draco Understands

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

The weeks melted into months.

Once the spring began its yearly fade to summer, Hogwarts held its first graduation since the war.

After an entire school year spent sneaking around to fall into each other's arms for a smog or a private cuddle, they found the ceremony a pleasant but brutal formality to endure.

Hermione and Draco had decided they would meet for one last tryst at the party scheduled to follow the main event.

One by one, each student came forward and collected their diploma from Headmistress McGongagall.

After they rowed their way across the Black Lake for that final time and reached the celebration that had been set up on the hillside next to Hogsmeade, both Draco and Hermione felt an anxious sense of excitement course through them.

Parents had come by invitation to share their children's special day.

The Grangers happily spoke to some of the other muggle couples there on that first ever occasion, while Lucius and Narcissa sat alone at their miserable table, still ostracized.

Draco and Hermione spent an acceptable amount of time with their families before they spoke to the classmates they passed as they made their way over to the refreshment stand, close to the woods.

The party was in such a heavy swing that no one noticed the two gradually slipping past the refreshment tent and into the mysterious forest that lay several feet beyond as twilight ended and night arrived.

Hermione carefully made her way through the trees, determined to find Draco before something else found her.

The last of the day's light seemed to vanish as quickly as sand in an hourglass as the dark foliage of the forest suddenly became much darker.

A twig snapped.

Hermione gasped.

She glanced around frantically but found no sign of Draco.

Had he been unable to keep their agreement?

Had he left the party early and let her linger there like a-

A strangled cry left her as a hand grabbed her wrist while another quickly folded over her mouth.

"Don't scream, Granger." Draco whispered in her ear, "They'll here us and then we won't get our snog."

Although they were camouflaged by the thickness of the forest, the couple could still hear the music from the party as Draco removed his hand from Hermione's mouth and led her to the strongest tree he could find nearby.

Hermione sighed as she let her head roll back against the wood while she placed her hands on Draco's chest and grabbed fistfuls of his collar.

"Thought you weren't coming." Draco whispered as he raised a hand to gently cup Hermione's soft, round face while he bent down close to her lips.

"Thought you were going to kill me." She whispered back.

Their eyes closed the second before their lips met.

Their kiss was filled with a warm need as the passionate affectionate ignited between them and threatened to send them both flying through the air.

Draco's hands moved from Hermione's face to grab her hips possessively as she hurriedly released his shirt to cradle his cheeks in her hands, desperate to pull him closer.