Sunset

You packed your bag, full of essentials for a week.

"Just think of it as a family holiday" You mumbled to yourself through gritted teeth. You had only met Steve, Nat, Clint, Pepper and Rhodey so you had no idea who else to expect. You knew about the two other Russian experiments there, a Winter Soldier and an enhanced? You had no other information. You tried to stay away from newspapers and media outlets as best you could to avoid being traced or upsetting yourself.
You were shaking with anxiety as you triple checked all of the belongings you crammed into an oversized overnight bag that you used for bigger missions.

You took a few deep breaths as your hand laid steadily on the door handle, finally caving and opening the door, turning to shut and lock it behind you.
Nick was in the control center with Agent Hill. You said goodbye to them both and gave them a hug.

"Let us know how it goes" Nick said softly with a grin.

"Oh I will." You responded snappily, heading toward the doors of the loading bay.
As promised, Tony was there ready and waiting.

"Good, I was about to call in backup to find you." He smirked

"I've only been gone 20 minutes!!" You sighed through a laugh.

"Only messing with you kid, get in." He held his arm out toward the open back of the jet. "Why are we flying? We're only about an hours drive away." You moaned as you raised an eyebrow, hinting that you weren't too far for him to have came and saw you sooner. "I have someone I need to pick up on the way. Friday, music." "Yes Mr Stark. Anything in particular?" "Just shuffle." He said with a sigh. You were intrigued by who he was picking up.

It had been about an hour since you had taken off. You spent that time catching up with Tony. Just small talk about life and how you were finding working with Fury and leading missions.
"Landing sequence in play Mr Stark." Friday announced.
You looked out the window to see a familiar house, and your heart filled with joy.

"Clint." You said quietly with a warm smile as the jet landed in his garden. You made your way over to the back of the jet and waited for it to open.

"Welcome back, Legolas" Tony blurted out with a smile as Clint walked up to him and hugged him, patting Tony on the back.

"Hey stranger." You said, beaming, leaning your arm up against the side of the jet. Clint's eyes widened as he saw you. "Y/N? What are you doing here?!" He bellowed pulling you in for a hug. "Oh, you know, just visiting a friend" You said with a gleam in your eye.

You and Clint got on so well, your humour was two and the same. You wouldn't be so close if it wasnt for Natasha - you owed her that.
"Hows Laura?" you asked. "Yeah, she's great thanks, if I knew you were coming I'd of told her!" "And the kids?" "They're doing great too - how are you? Feeling more yourself yet?" "Hmmm, just a bit." You laughed through the nerves. You weren't doing great, but it didn't matter. You didn't want to put a downer on the mood.

The flight back to the compound went by so fast. You were excited to see Nat again, she was one of your dearest friends. She taught you how to ride a motorbike, and she helped you train in the ways the Widow's did, just without the violence and abuse. It made you feel more feminine - after all you were a super soldier. A female Steve. Yuck.

Tony hadn't told anyone the plan, so nobody knew you were coming. He talks of how stubborn he is, but you both knew that if you said no, he would accept your answer and leave without holding it against you. He was expecting you to say no, especially after how he made you feel for the last few years.
You grabbed your bag and followed Clint and Tony into the compound. You had seen it from above and outside, but you'd never been inside. It was beautiful. Two big, white buildings with glass windows connecting in the middle by a dainty bridge. You could tell Tony designed it, just from the outside. It has his name written all over it.