Malice

You didn't set an alarm, you wanted to rise with the sun for the first time since you were younger. Being a field operative didn't give you the option to sleep in.

You stretched and sprawled out in the bed and let out a shrieking yawn, rubbing your eyes and sighing. You grabbed your phone and pulled it away from the charger.

'Messages - Tony Stark: It's really that obvious, huh? Breakfast is served at 8. Be there or be hungry. xx'

"Shit, what's the time?" You mumbled as you scrambled around, hauling yourself from the bed. It was 7:23AM. You had plenty of time.

Trying to make yourself feel more human, you grabbed an outfit and your makeup from the bag on the floor, and strided gracefully into the bathroom. You walked over your body with your eyes in the mirror, splashing your face with the cold water racing from the faucets and patting dry with a cashmere towel.
Today you felt like trying something more, you. you did your typical makeup look, and added a soft eyeliner wing and some nude Tom Ford lipstick.
Your outfit consisted of a pair of black flared trousers with gold buttons down the front and a flowy, white silk blouse, leaving the top two buttons undone. You paired this with your favourite black stilletos and rolled the flared legs down on top of them. You felt sultry and expensive.
Just because you were a Winter Soldier, didn't mean that you lost your flare for a lavish lifestyle. Who could blame you? The only two things you knew were poverty and luxury. You would rather go with the latter.

You grabbed your favourite necklace from your small jewelery case - a thin, gold chain with a diamond studded 'G' pendant. Your Mother's name was Genévive, and although you didn't speak to your family anymore, you still loved them all the same.

Your Mother would take you shopping when you were younger, and you would stop at a local bakery to grab your favourite fresh, authentic French pastries on the way home. She didn't have an accent. She was born and raised in Los Angeles. Your father was the Frenchman, but you still loved the lifestyle people lived out in France. It was soft and clean, very glamorous and carefree.

It made you beam to think of your parents. Even though they left you alone often, they were brilliant parents. No faults in the way they raised you. They taught you to be strong and ruthless, but to do it with class. Your mother taught you the basics of being a housewife, and your father taught you how to do the more manly jobs - poker, managing money, dictating, fighting, you name it. Your mother would buy you dolls and sit with you while you unboxed them, arranging them in your dollshouses and making them become friends with the others. She was a good playmate. She bought you a horse and taught you to ride it with grace.
You felt stuck up, growing up rich. But that was the only life you knew outside of Hydra and Shield.

As you brushed out your hair and pushed it back into a high, voluminous ponytail, you felt a wave of ease fall upon your shoulders. You were so eager to get your life back - to have real friends and a close family again. You had your friends and family at the Shield base, but it wasn't quite right. Without Tony there, it felt fake and forced.
'But he's here now' you said silently to yourself trying to ease the tension from your stomach and toes.

You inhaled deeply through your nose and exhaled deeply out of your mouth as you opened your door, shutting it behind you and making your way confidently into the commons.

"Morning guys." You spoke with a warm smile on your face, immediately looking over to the counter to see if Bucky was there. He wasn't, so you took a seat next to Nat and Clint who were sat next to each other at a long conference style table on the other side of the room.

"Sleep well?" Nat asked with a smile as she lightly tilter her said to the side, grabbing her coffee mug and pressing it against her lips.

"Like a baby" You responded, eyes moving onto Clint who asked how you were settling in so far.