Rusted

It had been almost half an hour since Bucky had left the party.

"I'll be back, hold on." You said to Steve, putting a hand on his shoulder and standing up, grabbing your glass and walking to leave.

"Where you going?" He shouted.

"To figure out where Buck's gone! If anyone asks, I've gone to the bathroom!" You raised your voice so Steve could hear you over the booming music.

You made you way out of the room, checking both sides of the coridoors before walking up the stairs.
You were starting to feel a little tipsy, so climbing a flight of stairs in heels wasn't a great idea. You didn't care, you just wanted to check on Bucky and make sure he was okay. You were worried that you had done or said something to upset him.

You looked down the left coridoor and then walked toward the commons. He was sat at the island with his glass, holding his dog tags in his hand and spinning them slowly with his fingers. Your heels clicked along the floor as you walked toward him, making him look up and smile shyly at you.

"Hey.." You whispered. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, I just needed a breather."

"You're lying."

"Stop reading my mind." He let out a soft giggle, swilling the drink around his glass and taking a sip.

"I'm not, but I will. Talk to me, James." You sat down next to him, placing your elbow on the counter and your hand on the side of your face.

"I just.. I'm pissed off at Steve for telling you I liked you. I didn't want to say anything at all. You said you don't play easy, so I wanted you to settle first before I mentioned it. When he put his hand on your leg I lost it. I thought I'd upset you by you finding out that way. Your face looked disappointed. Maybe Steve was wrong, maybe I should've just left it and forgot about you and just carried on being frien-" You grabbed the sides of his flushed face with your hands and placed a soft, passionate kiss on his lips mid sentence.

"Oh." A soft whispered left his mouth as you pulled back, smiling at him and grabbing your glass, taking a long sip, emptying the cup. He shot up, pulling you up with him and pushed your back into the island, grabbing the bottom of your face with a harsh grip and pulling you in for another kiss. It was soft and passionate, while aggressive and hungry. He got what he wanted and was left wanting more. You placed a hand on his neck and the other on the edge of the island to steady yourself.

"Bucky.." You whispered softly into his mouth. "They're gonna wonder where we are." You giggled, as he planted a final soft kiss on your lips, pulling away and finishing the rest of his drink before taking your hand and walking away, heading back into the party and heading straight for the bar for a refill.

"Y/N!!! Shots!!" Wanda shouted from a table, Nat, Sam and Peter smiling around them.

You held Bucky's face in your hand, kissing him on the cheek. "Have fun." He whispered, smiling like a kid in a candy shop.

You danced your way over to the group and picked up a shot glass. "3 each. The winner is the quickest to finish them." Nat laughed, picking up a glass. "Go!" She yelled as you all began to knock back each tiny glass of Tequila. Suprisingly, Wanda was the winner. Peter was already very drunk and so was Wanda by the looks of it. Surely you hadn't been gone long enough for them to drink that much?

"Where did you go?!" Sam inquired, pointing his head in the direction of the doorway.

"To the bathroom!" You shouted over the music, Wanda pulling your energy with her fingers and playing back the memories of what had happened upstairs with Bucky. You turned to look at her with a shocked grin on your face but before you could, she had already saw what she needed to see and winked in your direction, grabbing Nat's attention. Before she had chance to ask, a thud from a microphone came on through the PA.

"Fuck sake." You sighed, looking at the stage. Tony was clad in his Iron Man suit, his face plate opened holding the microphone and was clearly very drunk. He was wobbly and could barely speak.

A few 'Whoop Whoop's' came from the crowd of people, now looking upon the stage.

"Thank you, thank you." He began. "You all know why we're here. Give it up for Y/N!" The crowd started shouting as the people surrounding you were grabbing your shoulders and patting you on the back. You let out an embarresed smile.

"I remember when she was 11, I stole one of her dolls and ripped its head off." He chuckled, continuing his story. "She fell down the stairs trying to chase me. Broke her arm. She didn't get her doll back." He howled, as you put your head in your hands and whispered "Oh my god."

"She's the best Shield agent. And an even better Avenger. Sorry Thor. Get up here, kid!" He signalled to you, stumbling around and trying to leave the stage, holding the microphone out for you as you went and took his place.

You looked over at the bar staff who were also watching you. "Stop fueling him!" You sighed, the room errupting with laughter. "I don't know what to say. Thank you, I'm grateful to be here." Your gaze glancing to Tony, holding up his glass as he leant on Pepper for support. "Thank you to Tony for inviting me to join you. Thank you to the Wakandan's for freeing me. Thank you Natasha, Clint and Steve for sticking by me. And thank you, Bucky, for reminding me that I'm more than who I was. I love you all!!" The crowd of people going wild.

"I'd say drinks are on me, but the bar is on the house. So drinks on Tony!!" You smiled and yelled, holding up your glass as the room let out a roar of screams, whistles and clapping.

"Get me a drink!! Strong!!" You shouted to Nat who nodded with a grin and made her way to the bar. You wanted to get wasted so you wouldn't have to remember any of this in the morning.

Bucky was waiting at the end of the stage steps. "You love me huh?" He giggled as he laid his arm around your waist and walked away with you. "Oh shut up, shots on the table."

Natasha handed you a Vodka martini. "Double, extra olives" She said, pulling you and Bucky to the coffee table and ushering you both to take another shot. You put your glass down, picking up two small shot glasses and handing one over to Bucky.

"Go!"

One after another the shot glasses made a clink as you all slammed them back onto the table. You picked your martini back up and used it to wash down the Tequila, making the burn even worse. "God, that's awful" You giggled, Bucky's hand still resting on your waist.

The rest of the night was full of gossiping, dancing and drinking, until the crowd started to fade and you all found yourself sat on the couches surrounding the table.