1x2: Washington B.C.

People watch in the city street as a building is engulfed in flames. Sirens blare in the distance.
Inside the building, A boy and his mother run to the door, but a piece of burning debris traps them in their room.

They look around as pieces fall around them; eventually, the ceiling above them starts to cave in. They both shut their eyes and brace for it. Nothing happens.

Young Boy: (slowly opens his eyes, seeing someone standing in front of them) ...Who are you?

They see a being made of fire, holding the ceiling debris above their heads.

Heatblast: (grunts) I'm here to help.

Heatblast throws away the debris and extends his hands; all the fire in the room gets absorbed by them. Heatblast turns around and motions to come with him. The boy is less afraid to follow than his mom. Heatblast looks to some stairs leading down.

Heatblast: This way! (The stairs collapse.) Er, on second thought... (He looks to a barred-up window.) That way.

Heatblast shoots a hole around the window.

?: Thought I said to wait for me.

Heatblast: You were taking too long!

Charizard: Hop on.

The Boy: A DWAAAGOONNN!!!!!

The boy leaps onto Charizards back alongside his mom. They descend as The crowd gasps.

Heatblast: I'm sure you all want to thank me personally, but really it's all in a day's work for- (noticing the kid holding three trading cards, gasps) No way! A gold Sumo Slammer Card! (kneeling down) Where'd you get it? I've been looking all over for that!

Young Boy: I-It was a prize inside a box of "Sumo-Smack Cereal".

Charizard: Dude focus.

Charizard takes a deep breath absorbing the flames. The Rust Bucket pulls up and honks at Heatblast, with Gwen yelling out the window.

Gwen: Yo, Super-Doofus! The fire was just a diversion to cover up a jewelry store robbery. The bad guys are getting away!

Heatblast looks from Gwen, to the cards, and back to Gwen.

Heatblast: Er- I knew that.

A car speeds through the city street, with two masked thieves inside. As Max drives the Rust Bucket behind them, he sniffs something burning and looks to the Pyronite sitting next to him.

Max: Knew I should've bought those asbestos seat covers when I had the chance.

Heatblast: Sorry Grandpa, I can't help it. I'm hot...

Gwen: (Gwen blasts Heatblast with a fire extinguisher.) Ugh. Ten superheroes on that stupid watch and you picked the one with the flaming butt?!

Heatblast: Jealous?