Chapter 86: Midnight Mistakes

Edrick

I made a mistake that night kissing Moana. As I rushed back to my room and shut the door behind myself, I leaned my head back against the door and cursed at myself under my breath.

How could I be so stupid? I was a fool for not controlling myself around her, and now things were going to be even more confusing between us. Her curves beneath her thin nightgown were too tempting and I couldn't control the urge to touch her.

Even now, I could still feel her belly beneath my hands and the taste of her lips on my tongue. I shook my head to dispel the thoughts, telling myself over and over again that I got too close.

As I got ready for bed and laid down, I kept having to erase the inappropriate thoughts from my mind, but I couldn't. Would I have to buy Moana a penthouse and keep a distance from her, just like I did with Ella's mother, Olivia? At the same time, however, it pained my soul to even imagine doing something like that; over the course of just a couple of short months, I already couldn't imagine a life without Moana here, and I knew it would only scar Ella emotionally after she became so attached to Moana. Not only that, but it would hurt Ella to see her new sibling be sent away like that.

No... I couldn't send Moana away. I was just tired, and my tiredness caused me to make a mistake. If I could just sleep, it would all be better in the morning and I could deal with it then.

But I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, I kept picturing how beautiful Moana's body looked on the night of our one night stand, and how sensual she had been. Admittedly, it even made me too aroused to sleep, and eventually I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't go to her room, but I also couldn't be in this house - so I decided to get dressed again and go out to the bar for a drink. I quickly texted my nighttime driver, who was on call for nights like this, and told him that I would be down shortly.

Within half an hour, I was at my bar - the same bar that I took Moana to on the night we met. As I made my way inside the quiet bar, I shoved the images of how she'd looked that night out of my mind and headed up the stairs.

There were only a few people in the bar. Some businessmen who were regular patrons, as well as a few others. I kept my head down and sat at the bar.

"Good evening, Mr. Morgan," the bartender said, sounding a bit surprised. "What can I get for you?"

"The usual," I said gruffly. "Whiskey. Neat."
The bartender nodded and poured my whiskey, then set it down in front of me and walked away to give me some space.

As I drank, I stared down at the wood of the bar and cursed myself inwardly for being such a fool tonight. I should have told Moana that I was going to bed to begin with; I never should have agreed to have tea with her. I'd gotten too comfortable after our day at the mall, and her beauty in that final dress she tried on blinded my senses. Not only that, but the incident with the creep who was trying to hit on her made me feel too protective and filled me with a sense of deep emotion for the human nanny.
Maybe it was just because it had been so long since I had been intimate with anyone else, I thought to myself.

Moana was the first after a long dry spell, and I hadn't even looked in another woman's direction since then. Maybe, if I distracted myself, I wouldn't think so much about her anymore...

And it seemed that the universe sent me that perfect opportunity, because as I sat there stewing in my own juices, I heard the unmistakable sound of high heels clicking toward me. I looked up to see a gorgeous, sultry woman with dark eyes and dark hair approaching me. She was wearing a slinky black dress and incredibly high heels, and her breasts bounced lightly beneath her dress. I could see her nipples through the thin fabric of her dress, and it instantly made me hard.

She shot me a sultry smile as she sauntered up to me, then leaned on the bar next to me with her back arched and waved the bartender over.

"Gin and tonic, please, bartender," she said, her voice low and thick; she sounded as though she'd already had a few drinks.

"Put it on my tab," I said to the bartender over my shoulder as I looked her up and down.

The woman turned to face me and shot me another smile. "So forward," she said. "It's almost like you want something from me."

I shrugged and finished off the rest of the whiskey in my glass, tapping the glass twice on the bar for a refill. "Maybe I do," I said, "if you're willing."

The woman's smile stretched further across her thin face. She batted her eyelashes and gestured to the bathrooms with a simple nod of her head.
Within a couple of minutes, before she even had her drink, we were in the bathroom together with her sitting on the sinks as I bit into her neck and ran my hands up her thighs. Her skin was smooth and soft, and when I ran my hand up her skirt, I could feel that she already wasn't wearing panties.

This realization only made me more aroused, and I didn't stop her when she reached down to fumble with my belt. A sly smile stretched across her face as she reached down my pants and felt my erection, eliciting a soft moan from my lips.

I closed my eyes, tilting my head back...
And Moana's soft face flashed through my mind, from the night we slept together. The way her full lips were parted, her back arched beneath me. She was beautiful, more beautiful that this strange woman from the bar.

I suddenly opened my eyes again and stumbled backwards, shaking my head.
"What's the matter?" the woman said. I only kept shaking my head and dug into my wallet, pulling out a wad of cash and tossing it in her lap. The woman rolled her eyes, but took the cash and shoved it into her cleavage before hopping down off of the sinks and strutting off without a word.

I stood there, panting for a moment, as I buckled my belt again and cursed under my breath.
That human nanny would get the best of me, somehow. Why couldn't I stop thinking about her for just one night?

I returned to my driver without having my second drink and ordered him to take me home. As we passed by the city lights, I could only think about how everything that happened tonight was nothing but a huge mistake.