Chapter 4: The source of his joy, the center of her world...the meet!

Jaxon Spencer vs. Catherine 'Kate' Stevens

Pix: The alluring warrior

Video: Terminator by King Promise

Dedicated to purplepuppy101

Cheers!

***

Jaxon stared up at the one who called himself Ryan for a while, wondering what his role was in the pack. He didn't remember hearing anything about a Ryan who could levitate and put out fires. A pack filled with magicians, Jaxon couldn't help but think. The Stanwood Pack was shady as fuck.

'Well, what in the name of X-Men is going on here?' Jaxon couldn't wipe the shock off his face as he stared at frigging Magneto without his metals. 'Now I'm convinced that y'all fucked me up and not just that soldier.'

'So it's true,' Ryan's eyebrow shot up. 'All this is because of some mission that has nothing to do with us. So what was the plan? Storm in here like terminator and end every member of this pack?'

'You are a living, breathing evidence that you guys were in on what happened in my country.' Jaxon sneered.

'We didn't even know you existed,' Ryan snorted. 'And that soldier was only doing his job.'

'And is he supposed to be doing his job with the help of supernatural powers?' Jaxon snapped. 'Isn't that against the rules or something like that?'

'You're a fine one to talk.' Ryan rolled his eyes. 'As if you don't use your strength as a werewolf to do jobs for humans for money.'

'I'm an individual. That asshole is a soldier working for a country. Why should he be using supernatural powers for that? The last time I checked, exposing that shit was punishable by death. Are you motherfuckers above the law or something?' The disgust on Jaxon's face said it all. He loathed the pack.

'You know what...' Ryan began but got cut off by Jaxon.

'I'm not going to stand here and argue with you, whoever you are. Kill me or let me go.'

'Oh, if I wanted you dead, you wouldn't be standing,' Ryan looked amused. 'Seen all those wolves waiting to pounce?' Jaxon tried to drop his gaze to look at the wolves but couldn't. 'The only thing standing between them and you is me. I should probably let them at you.'

'What's stopping you?'

Ryan tilted his head to the side, his eyes still locked on Jaxon's. 'I honestly don't know,' he whispered. 'But something is stopping me, all right.'

'Well...'

'Until I know why, I'm going to give you a...room. Nothing fancy. Is that your truck?' The man took his gaze off Jaxon to look beyond him.

Jaxon realized that he could finally turn his head to look behind him. He would have moved, but he still couldn't. Shit!

'Yea. Why?' He gasped when His Toyota Tundra suddenly disappeared. 'What the fuck did you do to it?'

'Just keeping it safe in the pack house. Now, enjoy your quarters.'

'Wait a min...' But before he could complete what he was saying, Jaxon found himself in... "a fucking dungeon?" Jaxon looked and sounded stunned. "Well, bullocks!"

***

"Come on, Ryan," Stan growled. "His death should have been instant. Not only did he come at my mate and shoot at us, but he also attempted to destroy the pack's central core."

"Please, Stan," Ryan sighed. "It just doesn't feel..."

"I'm not with you on this one, Ryan," Paige breathed, her claws already extended. She was virtually shaking with fury. "Do you know what would have happened if the pups had been on that court with us?"