Chapter 10: The source of his joy, the center of her world...whipped!

Jaxon Spencer vs. Catherine 'Kate' Stevens

Pix: A warrior and her rogue

Video: Water by Tyla

Dedicated to all lovers of smut

Merry Christmas!

***

"What did you just say?" It was a whisper, but Philip could hear the shock and disbelief in Stan's voice. "Are you shitting me right now?"

"Unfortunately no," Philip rubbed his eyes as he switched his phone to his other hand.

"What the fuck!" Stan exploded.

"Calm down." Philip sounded stressed.

"How the fuck do you expect me to be calm?" he growled.

"Well, you just have to because you know what this means."

"It means he should have been taken the fuck out the very moment he was caught." He sounded livid.

"That would have deprived Kate of her..."

"She would have been better off not knowing her mate if it's that buffoon," Stan growled, cutting Philip off.

"You don't mean that, bruv. Chill the fuck out," Philip growled right back. "I'm only telling you this so that you can prepare your mate before you get back."

"This is going to be difficult, Lip."

"I know. Trust me, I'm dreading telling Paige, but I must at some point."

"Oh shit, Slip is going to flip," Stan gasped. "I'd kill to see her reaction," he chuckled despite himself. "Let me get there before you tell her, please."

"You're an idiot," Philip laughed. "I predict she will be very calm. We did spare Amber, after all."

"You have a point there. But I still want to see that initial expression," Stan said with so much glee it was almost as though he wasn't the same person who had been fuming moments earlier. "He did shoot her, after all."

"How about I organize a Zoom call for that breaking news?" The alpha couldn't mask the naughty amusement in his voice.

"Yes!" Stan sounded as if he was jumping for joy. "Her reaction is the only fun thing I'm going to get out of all this, so I can't miss it. But seriously, something has to give, Lip. That dipshit can't get away with the shit that he's done."

"That's for the elders to decide."

"What is Jer saying about this?" Stan asked.

"He's ready to pull rank in favour of Jaxon."

"Fuck!" Stan bellowed.

"Think he wants to risk going back to the Fort?" Philip drawled. Everyone recalled how Luna had punished Jeremy by condemning him topurgatory, the highest form of punishment. And that was because Jeremy had despised Luna's choice of mate for him and rebelled by treating Ryan cruelly. "I sure as fuck wouldn't wanna. So I'm with Jer on this. Better work on your mate. I will send a Zoom invite."

"Alright."

"Regards to Will."

"Yeah, give Troy a kiss on the arse for me."

"Fuck off," but even as the alpha hung up, he couldn't help his smile. He was optimistic that it would all work out in the end.

The beautiful thing about the Stanwood Pack was that they really cared about each other's happiness. Most packs practiced the authoritarian system, but Stanwood was like a family. Because they cared about each other, it was easy to get people to accept to do the right thing. They did have their disagreement, arguments, and even fights but ultimately, they all wanted the best for one another. No one would want to stand in the way of Kate's happiness no matter who her mate was or what he had done.