Chapter 6: The source of his joy, the center of her world...the itch!

Jaxon Spencer vs. Catherine 'Kate' Stevens

Pix: Sexy Biker Girl

Video: I Don't Wanna Talk About It by Rod Stewart – Christyl sings

Dedicated to SudhaK5

Cheers!

***

As soon as Ryan stepped foot in the prisoner's cell, he knew something was wrong. With a concerned look on his face, he focused on the rogue. He thought there was something off about him but couldn't put a finger on it.

"Is everything okay?" he asked, taking in how tense Jaxon looked.

"Why do you ask?" Jaxon sounded hard and distant.

Since the visit from Kate that dawn, he was not okay. His heart kept hammering in his throat at the mere thought of her which was scary because and he couldn't remember ever feeling like that about a woman. He couldn't stop thinking about her, couldn't stop lusting after her, couldn't stop wishing for even a mere glimpse of her. All that had left him feeling very disoriented which was a shitty feeling.

As if that was not enough, he needed to ask Ryan for a favour which was something Jaxon never did. He hated asking people for help. What he hated even more than asking for favours was the possibility of people refusing him help which Ryan was very likely to do. After all, he was their prisoner and prisoners didn't ask their jailers for favours. How could he have forgotten such an important thing, Jaxon asked himself for the umpteenth time. Well, he hadn't planned on getting caught.

"You seem...agitated," Ryan observed.

"Really? Strange."

"Cut out the bullshit, Jaxon," Ryan said sternly. "I thought we agreed to be honest with each other. I need to know if you're not okay."

"Hey, I'm good. I mean I'm in a dungeon." Jaxon shrugged. "What is grander than that?" his sarcastic sneer only drew an eye roll from Ryan who waved a hand, instantly covering Jaxon's stone bed with a mattress and a pillow.

"I believe this should make you more comfortable," Ryan sighed, wishing Jaxon could tell him what the real problem was.

"An upgrade." Jaxon's brow shot up. "Puts the Four Seasons to shame, thanks. Want me to throw confetti and break into song?" he smirked.

"What is it, Jaxon? Tell me." Ryan's tone softened, hoping to coax the rogue into spilling what was bothering him. He usually wasn't that grumpy. "I just want to know whether you're okay, that's all," Ryan insisted.

Jaxon exhaled and combed his hair back with his fingers. "I need a favour. Will you help?" he breathed, fixing entreating eyes on Ryan.

"Depends on what you want." Ryan relaxed into his seat and gave the rogue a thoughtful stare.

"I need to transfer some funds to some people," Jaxon rasped. "It's important I do that now before..." he trailed off.

"Before what?"

"Before my execution."

Ryan stared at Jaxon, who paced. The transfer...whatever it was for, was clearly very important to the rogue. "How much do you want to transfer?"

"Will you help or not?"

"How much?"

"About a million AUD," Jaxon locked gazes with Ryan then.

"May I know why you need to transfer such a huge sum to those people?" Ryan crossed his legs.

"You don't need to..."