Chapter 11: The source of his joy, the center of her world...letting loose!

Jaxon Spencer vs. Catherine 'Kate' Stevens

Pix: The elegant Mama G!

Video: Monica by Kwame Eugene

Dedicated to iam-a-pretty-babe

Apologies for the delay, guys!

***

It was nine p.m. in Los Angeles and six a.m. in France, but four friends didn't care at all that it was too late or too early. They roared with laughter on a Zoom call as one recounted a silly story about one of their mutual friends.

"I won't believe this until someone confirms it, Stan," Paige laughed as she wiped tears of mirth off her face. "Ronan Davis tied up and left to be discovered? Shiiiiit!"

"I kid you not," Stan laughed. "If Will were not asleep, he would have corroborated this story. Trust me, we were all shocked." He folded his arms and leaned back in his seat. "They're calling him the chained alpha now," he laughed.

"Serves him right," Philip chuckled. "Next time, he will think twice before he deals with those half wolf half witch babes."

"I can't believe he didn't smell the wolf's bane on the rope," Jeremy said, shaking his head in surprise. "Must have been drunk out of his skull."

"Maybe he wasn't," Philip drawled. "When you're desperate for pussy, senses don't necessarily work." The four laughed harder.

"Shit, dude can never live this down," Jeremy groaned. "Anyway, when are you two coming back?" he addressed Stan.

"In two days. I'd wanted us to spend some extra three days and just laze about but Will has to go back to work so..."

"Good, I've missed you so you better get your arse back here," Paige said. "Why is Kate back though? I only heard it this morning. I tried to call her but her phone was off. Couldn't get through on her mid-link either."

"She found her mate, Slip," Philip dropped the news without preamble.

"Shut the front door," Paige gasped, her eyes filled with surprise and joy. "When? Who is the lucky motherfucker? And why am I now hearing this?"

"When? I'd say about a month ago," Philip said.

"What?" Paige screeched, her eyes going wide with disbelief.

"Who?" Philip went on. "The rogue." The blood visibly drained from Paige's face and her eyes looked as though they were about to pop out of their sockets. "As for you now hearing it, we only found out yesterday, thanks to Sylver."

"You okay, Slip?" Jeremy muttered with concern even as Stan erupted into laughter. "Will you shut up, Stan," the alpha of alphas growled. "Paige?"

But the pack's resident badass looked lost for words. Meanwhile, Stan continued to laugh. A laughter that was so contagious Philip couldn't stay unaffected. His body shook with laughter which he was clearly trying to suppress.

"Listen sis," Philip cleared his throat after a while. "This is..."

"Is that why she deliberately turned off her phone and mind-link?" Paige sounded as if she had a frog stuck in her throat.

"Oh, she was busy fucking her brains out, I'm sure," Philip chuckled.

"What?" It was Stan's turn to screech. "Y'all gave the buffoon permission to claim her? Are you out of your frigging minds? Wait, isn't he supposed to be rotting away in the dungeon? What is going on over there?"