Chapter 14: The source of his joy, the center of her world... Revelations!

Jaxon Spencer vs. Catherine 'Kate' Stevens

Pix: Jaxon

Video: Lose Control by Teddy Swims

Dedicated to: amapotelo. Mi loooooove you!

Cheers!

***

In the dynamic atmosphere of the bustling dressing room at Oak Plaza, an array of runway models moved energetically back and forth, their job... to parade their elegant ensembles before an exuberant and appreciative audience. Amidst this whirl of excitement and glamour, the designer of the moment, Agradaa, was focused on just one person; Kate, his leading model whom he affectionately called his muse.

"Did you do anything to these babies?" he murmured, his gaze on Kate's bosom.

"What?" Kate chuckled with amusement. "No."

"Well, it appears fuller."

"Really?" Kate frowned, looking down at her breasts. "Looks the same to me. Maybe the outfit is a tad tight at the bust."

"I specifically worked on these dresses for you myself, Kate," Agradaa murmured. "I'm surprised it looks so snug on you. Hey Rosie, come here for a sec," he called to his assistant.

"What's up, boss?" The petit assistant grinned at Kate. "Wow, you're spilling out of that," she observed. "Very hot."

"That's why I called you." Agradaa gestured at Kate's seductive bust line. "Too snug?"

"I like it," Rosie responded with admiring eyes. "Snug or not, it's very sexy. Whatever you're doing to those globes, don't stop." She moved away then, missing Kate's bemused expression.

"Agradaa, I..."

"Never mind." The designer signaled to someone to bring a stack of dresses. "Try to get some rest if you're not getting enough. There're bags under your eyes."

"Noted," she sighed.

"Now, work it!" he encouraged as he watched Kate begin her elegant strut onto the runway.

But throughout the performance, Kate's thoughts were on the unsettling words of the designer. The notion of gaining weight was a concern no model wished to entertain. She knew for a fact that she hadn't put on weight as she didn't even have the desire for food. Not since her mate left. She was convinced that Agradaa didn't use the right measurements. Clearly, the designer didn't want to accept that he'd made a mistake, Kate snorted. Indeed, she had noticed a slight tenderness in her breasts and an unusual itchiness around her nipples, but that certainly didn't mean they'd gotten bigger. As for the noticeable bags under her eyes, she attributed them to the recent spell of sleeplessness... a result of intermittent pains that had plagued her over the past few weeks.

Kate relegated her troubles to the furthest corners of her mind, channeling all her energy into her performance. She captivated the audience with her usual flair, earning praise from her client for her exceptional work. Despite the triumph, the toll of her efforts left her profoundly drained which was strangely unusual. Politely declining the customary post-event celebrations, Kate retreated to the sanctuary of her home to recover.

That evening, the warrior found herself in the solitude of her bed again, with tears streaming down her face...again. Jaxon's departure a month earlier had left a void, turning her nights into a cascade of sorrow that culminated in tears every evening. It had been difficult adapting to his absence initially but the pack had been amazing. Their love and solidarity had been unwavering, offering a semblance of comfort in the wake of her loss. However, the solace provided by their kindness disappeared each night when she was alone.