Chapter 7: The source of his joy, the center of her world...Oops!

Jaxon Spencer vs. Catherine 'Kate' Stevens

Pix: A rogue wolf behind bars

Video: U Make Me Wanna by Blue

Dedicated to Firefly1517

Cheers!

***

Jeremy, the alpha of all alphas, entered his hall on the fourteenth floor of his home, which could pass for a five-star hotel, and smiled at the sight of his mate and son huddled close. The pair were seated in the dining area, working on what looked like homework. For any father, that was one of the beautiful sights. It was evident they wanted to finish what they were doing because he knew they were aware of his presence. He was surprised they were not in Ryan's study though as they usually did Sylver's homework in there to avoid distraction.

Sometimes, Jeremy felt the apartment was too big for them. Since they had Sylver, they'd had to move from his suite on the twelfth floor to the state-of-the-art penthouse on the fourteenth floor. The penthouse took the entire floor. Jeremy had reserved the penthouse for alpha of alphas who visit their park so it was virtually still new. Even when he attained the status of an alpha of alphas, he hadn't moved in there but when Sylver was born, the pack executive had insisted he moved into it. As their AA and a parent of a son who was a handful, the leadership had insisted on the move as that was more befitting for his status as the alpha of all alphas in the world.

The AA looked at his son and thought he had gotten bigger in the four days since he left home. But then, that wasn't strange when it came to Sylver. He wasn't like a typical kid. His growth had always been more progressive compared to his actual age. Jeremy couldn't help but acknowledge how much he'd missed his family as he watched them. He had been away for an alphas' conference. Ryan had been unable to accompany him this time around for obvious reasons. That bloody rogue!

"Can I go now, Dad?" Jeremy heard Sylver asking Ryan. "That was the last one."

"Alright, but pack your books first," Ryan instructed.

"I wonder where he will send me this time," Sylver whispered to Ryan as he packed his books into his bag, clearly referring to Jeremy.

'Oh my god, Jer, he's realized that you always send him away when you get back from your trips,' Ryan murmured on his mind-link with his mate. The expression on his face was one of guilt. 'That's bad.'

'You know he looks forward to those getaways, baby,' Jeremy snorted. 'He's had you all to himself these past days. Me having you for mere hours shouldn't be a problem. And I do need to talk to you, anyway.'

It was Ryan's turn to snort. 'Yeah right.' His mate usually needed just one thing from him when he got home after being away for days. And it had nothing to do with talk.

The next thing Jeremy knew, his son was sitting on his shoulders with a shout of, "Gotcha," as his joyful laughter filled the penthouse. Jeremy laughed as he quickly grabbed Sylver's legs to keep the boy from falling. His son's joyfully contagious laughter did it for him anytime.

"Oh, he's breaking my neck," Jeremy gave a mock cry, staggering as if he was about to fall. Both Ryan and Sylver laughed. "You've gotten so big since I left home, Sylvester."

"No, I haven't," Sylver laughed as he bent to scatter kisses on his father's head. "I missed you, Daddy."

"And why do you think I came back?" Jeremy murmured as he lifted his son from his shoulders and brought him around to hug him. "But for you, I would have come back next year and not today."