Chapter Three

You slowly open your eyes.

"Do you think we should wake her up yet?"

"Nah, I feel like her reaction to waking up to a different place would be funny." A chuckle, very similar to Ben's, ran in your ears. Opening your eyes, you were not surprised to see Ben's smirking face. You quickly close your eyes, waiting for the right moment.

"So, we all agree to put her in Ben's room? His idea."

"That wasn't my idea!" Despite the short, blonde male's protests, everybody unanimously agreed. "I hate you all..." He grumbled in a low voice. You felt some shifting as they moved you to the room. "Put her on the floor. I don't want her on my bed."

"Put her on your bed? If you say so!" Ben sent a blazing glare to the person who said that. They placed you on his bed and left you with Ben. As you were about to surprise him, he began speaking.

"You're so weird. Not only are you weird as a person, but you also have such a strange effect on people... You're just... Ugh. I hate this. Why are you the way you are?" He held your face, you could feel his breath fanning against your face. "I forgot how squishy and soft human's faces are."

"Boo." You opened your eyes to see Ben's face recoiling as a shriek escaped from his mouth.

"Have- HAVE YOU BEEN AWAKE THIS ENTIRE TIME?!" You sit up, nodding. He groaned in embarrassment, covering his face. You cross your arms.

"I'm more concerned about you kidnapping me when I was calmly sleeping. You could've got me when I was awake, but you went for the easier option." You shook your head in disappointment. You were about to stand up and leave but were pushed back into the room.

"Nuh-uh! You still need to wear the dress." He wiggled his finger in front of your face, having a shit-eating grin on his face. He grabbed your hand and led you into the corner of his room, threw the clothes to you and turned around, allowing you to change. Reluctantly, you wore the clothes. "You finished?" You hummed in confirmation, making him turn around. He put a hand to his mouth, stifling a giggle. He grabbed your hand and brought you outside his room and down some stairs. "Guys, guys! Look!" He exclaimed to the large group, laughing in between words.

You kept your head down as you heard a few chuckles from the group. You gave Ben a glare, watching as his face morphed into an evil grin. A little girl walked up to you, she wore a pink dress and had dried up blood on her face. She tilted her head with a smile on her face. "Hello! My name is Sally! Who are you?" You smiled down at her and picked her up.

"My name's (Y/N), this shorty," You signalled to Ben, "kidnapped me." She scowled as she turned to him, crossing her arms.

"That's not how you treat a friend! Where are your manners!?" She continued to scold the carbon copy of Link. You watched in amusement as he tried to reason with the child. You nudged him.

"Imagine being told off by a kid." He turned, about to yell some more but was stopped by Sally continuing to scold him.

"So you're the maid Ben hired?" You turned to see a man with a slit face. Slowly, you cracked a smile then burst into laughter. "Wha-?! What's so funny?!"

"Yo- you look worse than I thought!" He sputtered but found nothing to say, he walked away while muttering under his breath. You've obviously stung at his ego. You quickly regained your breathing, wiping a tear forming in your eye. You turned back to Ben, who had finally gotten Sally to be quiet, and tapped his shoulder. "Am I meant to do anything, or do I just stand here?"

Before Ben was about to answer, your ears started to ring with static. "You must be Ms. (L/N)?" You turned around and looked up to see a featureless face towering over your form. You nod. "Hm. Bloody Painter. I see you as the most sensible, could you please show Ms. (L/N) around the mansion." He turned to a man wearing a white mask that had two eye holes and a red smile. 'Bloody Painter' nodded and gestured to you to follow him. You did as you were told with your arms behind your back.