Chapter six

You groan. You couldn't even change your outfit. "How come I'm on my first mission even though I haven't finished my training?" I look up at Masky. He shrugged.

"We usually don't question the boss." I look down before facing everyone else.

"Does he control everyone?" The question was more targeted to Kagekao. He shrugged.

"Kinda. He controls most of us with threats or promises." You nod.

"Is there a Slender woman?" You couldn't see but you swear Masky was squinting his eyes, looking at you like you said the most dumbest thing.

Hoodie answered before he could get a word in. "We don't know. But he isn't the only one of his kind. Splender man, Trender man, Tender man and Offender man." Toby grimaced at the last one.

"Am I meeting them soon?" He shrugged. I spotted the house where our targets lived. There were police cars surrounding it.

The house looked so familiar.

"Hey, (Y/N)? You- shit- You okay?" He twitched between words. Just hearing that question made your blood boil. You had no idea why.

"Whatever." Your tone was snappy, catching him off guard. "We're here." I felt someone nudge me. I turned to see a bird mask shoved to my face.

"So that you aren't recognised. Plus, it makes anyone look so much... better. Better." He stopped himself from saying something else. Whether it be negative or positive, you were curious.

"Quick question, am I getting paid?" they shook their heads. You groaned. You lifted the mask to your face. The door opened and the police left, with a woman holding onto a man, sobbing.

Once the police had finally driven away, Masky signalled to move. We all followed through. "We sneaking through the back door?" You whispered but were quickly shushed.

Turns out you had to climb the wall, using a bedroom window. You had to have Kagekao help you since you had no grips on your gloves.

The bedroom was empty. Only pictures of people on the walls. You picked up one of the photos, it had the targets as well as someone else.

It was you.

Toby took the picture out of your hands, putting it in his pocket. He shook his head, "We need to stay on task." He was keeping something from you. It was obvious. You sat on the bed, it was comfortable.

"Damnn, I could lay here for hours." You crossed you hands behind your head. You took off the mask to bury your face in the pillow. You could hear the whisper yelled of your co-workers but you were enjoying the familiar comfort.

"Dear, I don't think she's coming back-," A familiar man stopped at the doorway as a familiar woman was right behind him.

"Ah, shit." The man's eyes widened. You look behind to see that they left as the wind was blowing the curtains. "Those shitheads left me."

"Honey. Call the cops." You tilt your head to the couple. "We found (Y/N)."

"I'm sorry, what?" You got up, putting your mask back over your face. "How the hell do you know my name? Am I famous or some shit?"

The two didn't answer as they ran towards you, embracing you. You grimaced. It didn't last long, as a bang rang out in the air. Your arm got grazed a bit but the man had gotten a shot on his side. The man hunched over in pain, groaning. The woman knelt beside him, her eyes wide.

She then got a hatchet thrown directly at her head, going straight through her skull. You look at the mess, brushing off your clothes and turning back to the four you thought left you. "Are we done here?" You questioned, your facial expression tensed for a reason you don't even know.