17.

As the crew gathered at the SWF2 base the next day to film the class mission videos, tension weighed heavily in the air. Kirsten found herself among the leaders, Latrice with the sub-leaders, and Sabrena and Ling representing the middle class. Emma, on the other hand, joined the rookies for this challenge.

On the way to the filming location, Sabrena and Ling shared a ride, and Ling couldn't help but pick up on Sabrena's unusual demeanor. It was apparent something was bothering her, and Ling decided it was time to address it.

"Ling," Sabrena responded, her voice a little strained, "I appreciate your concern, but I promise I'm fine. Just got a lot on my mind."

Ling knew her friend well enough to sense that Sabrena wasn't being entirely honest. There was a deeper issue beneath the surface, but Ling chose not to push her further, respecting her space.

When they arrived at the set, they were quickly ushered into hair and makeup. The announcement came that if anyone wanted to change their position in the choreography to stand out to the judges, they were encouraged to do so.

In any other circumstance, Sabrena would have jumped at the opportunity to ensure she and Ling were highlighted in the video, but today she showed no eagerness to approach Waaackxxxy and Yoonji and advocate for her and Ling to get a more prominent spot. Ling's concern grew, and she couldn't hold back from asking Sabrena once more, "Seriously, what's going on with you?"

Sabrena let out a sigh, her gaze fixed on the floor for a moment before she responded. "It's nothing, Ling. Just feeling tired today, that's all." Ling felt the disconnect between them, and it bothered her.

Luckily Waaackxxxy and Yoonji gave Ling and Sabrena a chance to shine in the video, giving Sabrena a part in the center. Once they were done, everyone made their way back to base and the whole car ride Sabrena and Ling didn't say another word to each other. Ling knew something was wrong, but she didn't want to force Sabrena to tell her. She knew she would tell her whenever she was ready.

Meanwhile, Kirsten was brewing a plan. She believed that Sabrena and Bada needed to have a conversation. So, Kirsten headed to Team BEBE's hangout in search of Bada. Tatter greeted her with a friendly smile, "Hi Kirsten! How are you doing?" After exchanging some pleasantries, Kirsten cut to the chase. "Is Bada around?" she inquired.

Tatter nodded in confirmation and offered to fetch her. "Yes! I'll go get her."

Moments later, Bada appeared at the door, with a smile on her face. "Hey Kirsten! What's up?"

"Hey Bada, I was actually wondering if we could talk privately? It's about Sabrena."

"Is everything okay?" Bada asked, her voice tinged with worry.

Kirsten assured her that there was no need to worry. Still, Bada's concern lingered, and she decided to excuse herself from her team temporarily. They found a quieter, more secluded spot where Bada asked, "What's going on?"

Kirsten paused for a moment, choosing her words carefully. She was aware that she didn't possess all the details of what had transpired between Sabrena and Bada. Nonetheless, she wanted to convey what she knew. "Sabrena's been contemplating leaving the competition," she admitted, her voice steady.

Bada's eyes widened in astonishment. "Leaving? But why?" she asked, her concern deepening as well as a small pain she felt in her chest.

"She's just been going through a lot lately. She says she doesn't want to hurt our crew by her head not being completely in the competition.

"May I ask why you are telling me this?" Bada didn't know how much Sabrena had told her crew. She didn't want to accidentally tell Kirsten anything that Sabrena hadn't let them know herself.

"We all know about the feelings you two share for each other. So you don't have to worry about saying anything she hasn't told us." Kirsten told her.

"Is she leaving because of what happened at the lake?" Bada asked with a hint of sadness in her voice. She was worried that their almost kiss had warranted Sabrena's feelings of wanting to leave SWF2. If would be devastation to hear that she was the reason Sabrena may leave.

Kirsten, knowing she had to tread lightly, explained that Sabrena's decision had nothing to do with the memorable moment they'd shared at the lake. The situation was more complex.

"It has nothing to do with that. Although, I can't tell you the reason as it's not my place. I can assure you that you are not the reason."

Kirsten disclosed what she'd observed, saying, "Sabrena has genuine feelings for you, Bada, and from where I stand, it looks like the feeling is mutual."

Bada's shoulders slumped slightly, her surprise giving way to relief. She finally voiced what had been concealed for so long. "I have deep feelings for her too," she confessed, her voice carrying the weight of her emotions.

Kirsten wasn't finished yet. She stressed the urgency of Bada talking to Sabrena, preventing any rash decisions. "You need to talk to her before she makes any decisions she may regret. I think a part of her feels like your feelings for each other may hurt both our crews.

"I would love to speak to her, but she's been avoiding me. Whenever I would try to stop her, she would walk the other way and she has been dodging my texts." Bada expresses this to Kirsten. She had been trying to talk to Sabrena for a few days with no success.

She offered her assistance to arrange a private conversation between the two, aiming to facilitate communication and understanding. "I can help. I'll get you and her alone in a room. You can use our hangout if you need. I just need you to show up." she insisted.

Bada expressed her gratitude, grateful that Kirsten had come to her with this information. With determination, they both parted ways, heading back to their respective teams, ready to face the challenges that lay ahead.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

would you hate me if i made sabrena leave the competition? 🫣

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~