22.

~

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Bebe was having a discussion about the next mission when Tatter, while scrolling through her phone, suddenly interrupts the group's discussion.

"Bada, have you seen this?" Tatter's voice carries concern as she shows Bada her phone.

Bada, initially confused, takes the phone and reads the headline. Her smile fades as she reads through the article. There's a pang in her chest as she notices a photo that appears to show Sabrena kissing Central Cee on the cheek. Without a word, Bada hands the phone back to Tatter.

The other members glance at the phone, wondering what had caused their leader's distress. Lusher, noticing Bada's unease, asks if she's okay. Bada responds coolly, "Why wouldn't I be?"

Kyma, recalling the previous sentiments between Sabrena and Bada, mentions their mutual feelings before Sabrena left. "Didn't you guys confess your feelings before she left?"

Bada dismisses it, stating, "we're not together, she's free to do as she pleases".

"Let's take a ten". She says as she stands up and walks out the room to take a breather.

Stepping out into the hallway, Bada runs into Kirsten. The look on Bada's face tells Kirsten everything she needs to know. "Did you see?" Kirsten asks sympathetically.

Bada, trying to maintain composure, admits that she did. Kirsten attempts to reassure her, mentioning that there might be a reasonable explanation. "Sabrena wouldn't confess her feelings for someone and then jump into something else, let alone her ex who hurt her" Kirsten asserts.

Bada deflects, saying it's okay and that Sabrena doesn't owe her anything. She emphasizes the distance between them, almost as if to convince herself that it was to be expected.

Kirsten senses the underlying hurt behind Bada's defenses, realizing she's more affected by the situation than she's letting on.

They exchange parting words and head in opposite directions. Kirsten, concerned about both Bada and Sabrena, plans to text Sabrena later. She knows the Jam Republic girls haven't had a chance to catch up with Sabrena since she returned to London.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~