Chapter Six

Chapter 6

This is one of the reason why I don’t wait until I run out of domestic stuffs……

You know …….. especially some of the most vital items a woman needs.

Since the last time our washing machine got faulty, everybody has been doing the laundry with bare hands.

Never allow your house run dry before stocking it up. That realization just hit me this morning. I know I use to be frugal most of the time.

Yeah, yeah.

It’s very nice…. BUT ONLY IN SOME CASES, okay?

Don’t dare live with the attitude.

After pouring out all my dirty clothes in the laundry basket, I realize that there was no DETERGENT.

Holy fuck!

Look at me who doesn’t like or go with the flow of buying petty things from the neighborhood.

What was that phrase again?

Oh! Gat it.

Hehehe.

BEGGARS GAT NO CHOICE, right? Yeah, absolutely. No choice, baby.

I soak a few clothes in a big black bowl with enough water so all the germs and whatever could circulate at the bottom.

Mom was still in the kitchen making beans and yam.

Mmm……

That’s my favorite, darling.

Since today is Saturday, what do you expect KIDDO to be doing?

Dude, that guy is with his PS5. Abi na Xbox Dem dey call am sef. That was his last year’s Xmas gift from me.

Am I not nice?

It was when I got halfway to the express, that I remember I was only wearing my yester slash daybreak night robe.

Holy shit.

Now, tell me what should I do? The only comment I’ll not approve right now is going back to the house to change my…….

“Bummi Ademoye?”

Who the fuck just called me and my surname at the same time?

Only for me to remain standing on the particular spot I was, by the walkway and turned around……

Damn hot you like a chocolate bun, baby.

That’s my……. “What the fuck am I seeing?” It’s….. it’s….. “Wait a second…” I think I know who am seeing. Yes, I remember.

He came closer in a majestical style. I think I like his way of walkout.

Standing before me was an old time friend, but the only thing now is that I can’t really remember his name or where we first met.

Isn’t that madness?

Wahala.

Why is it that the brain can easily remember that it forgot something but can’t really tell what that thing may or might be?

“Damian…?” Finally, my brain has come back to life.

“Long time, no see.” Is he really extending his hand for an handshake? Oh, my goodness.

My cheeks are turning from  blue  to pink

“Sorry, did I know you?” I think I deserve an award for telling such a fat lie.

I rearrange my night robe like a saint.

For the love of God, am I really blushing in front of this Chinese looking gorgeous guy?

A little fainted smile appeared at the corner of his lips. “Of course you know me. If not you won’t have mentioned my name.”