Chapter Ten

BUMMI'S P.O.V.

What the fuck happened again? Did the alarm go off?

For the third time in the first week of the sixth month, am running late.

Damn me!

And I haven't thought of a perfect lie to cook up this time.

Well, the only excuse I usually use, "The Lagos traffic," is already popular for my tongue.

I don't think my M.D will buy that from me today.

So help me God.

I fling the bedsheets aside and dashed off the bed like a woman who just got hit with fresh madness.

No time to check time if the battery has died or if it was actually faulty.

My second blame goes to my mom and Nifemi for not waking me up two hours earlier. And very soon, I believe Lola will be knocking on the—

"What's up, bitch?" I knew I was super correct.

I rolled my eyes, taking off my night gown, I picked up my towel from the closet and wrap it around my chest. "At least, learn to knock before strolling into someone's bedroom, chicken."

Good thing she's looking elegant and hot today— Wednesday. Red body hug gown and red stilettos, doesn't look bad on slender Lola. Unlike me that spend the whole day contemplating what to wear and what might look good on me.

Her red lipstick is like she kissed the fire in Mount volcano.

"Do you use all your make up kits for just a day?" I asked as I lead my way to the bathroom.

I don't remember her slumping lazily on my rough bed, but I do pitied that neatly ironed outfit of hers from getting ruined on my sweat smelling duvet.

"Hurry up, bitch. We have meetings with some clients in two hours." I heard her loud from the bedroom."

Trust me, in less than two minute, am done having my bathe, but don't let my mom find this out.

When I got out of the bathroom, wiping my wet hair with a towel, lola my darling friend was already helping me fish out a perfect outfit in the closet.

"The black one," I  choose when she held an hanger of a black Calvin Klein straight pencil gown with balloon hands and an hanger of green, blue long sleeve button down gown. Alright, alright, no time to check time." She placed the black gown on my bed and hurried to get a shoe to match it.

This is why I love her.

Dressed up and now down stairs, mom was already fixing something for me— and lola, as I can see more than one servings. And Nifemi is busy playing PS5.

I gave him a resounding knock, even lola felt it.

"Ye, Jesu!" He exclaimed in Yoruba, his hands holding his head as if it was going to fall off his neck. "Aunty Bummi, kilōshēle, Na?"

"Next time, learn to wake me up on time." I flicked his forehead before heading for the door.

"Oya, breakfast is served oh." Mom invited.

"Sorry mom, but we are already running late. Reserve it for dinner, okay? Bye, love you."

Lola was going to sneak in for a bit but I was so quick-witted to pull her wrist long with me.

Only God knew where Ojo got the black Range Rover sport he's leaning on.

"I know what you guys are thinking but believe me, this belongs to my elder brother I actually borrowed it because we're late."

"A power bike would have been better, asshole." Lola stated ungratefully as she reach for the front passenger's door.

That was where I hoped to sit before, so I could wave Hello to the neighbors.

"What's up Bummi? Hop in, we're running late." He shamelessly slacked the gum in his mouth into a bubble, so big that it made a kpaaa blast when it deflated.