twenty five

i think that unit on dark poetry did smth to me lmao.

thought of updating tmr but since todays enhypens comeback why not 

HOW WAS THE COMEBACK YALL??? JAY AND SUNOO SLAYED SWEET VENOM (yas) SO HARD KSKDNDJKDN. I THINK STILL MONSTER IS MY FAV BUT THE LINE DISTRIBUTION IN THE ALBUM IS SO UNFAIR.

okay ill shut up now, im a little hyper.

Poison.

Hyewon sucked in a breath. Of course. How else would've this happened? It must've been from the tea, she realized, but it was too late. She should've told the empress about her suspicions earlier.

The grip on her hand tightened and to her horror, blood started trickling from Empress Mika's mouth. It was like that dream all over again, except now it was real.

"Your Majesty, stay with me. I'll call for help," she says, trying to calm her inner panic. She attempted to get up, but the poisoned queen only shook her head weakly. Hyewon knew that look in her eye, the look of defeat and resignation, that nothing could be done. There was no hope for her survival, from what Hyewon could see, it was a strong, potent poison that was quickly circulating through her blood. She'd be long gone before help would arrive and the doctors could identify the poison.

What could she do? She hesitates, her resolve wavering. Would magic solve the problem? But what if she made it only worse with her uncontrollable magic? With trepidation, she places both hands on Empress Mika's chest, feeling for her heartbeat. Magic roared through her ears, triumphant to be finally released from her soul. Hyewon shuts her eyes, trying to control the flow of magic. A golden spark danced in the abyss. There. She grabs for it and not to her surprise, it darts out of her reach. Frustration crept in her mind as she tried again and again to no avail. She had no time to play games now, someone's life was at stake! Hyewon growls before trying once more, summoning all her will. Finally, the spark thrums with power before submitting to her will. Yes. Hyewon could feel the familiar hum of the magic flowing through her blood. Powerful. She missed the feeling of being in control, to have her magic fully under her control. The magic sensed that and it demanded for more and more. It knew that her full potential was yet to be reached-

No. She couldn't let herself get out of control. She wouldn't let herself become power hungry, driven to madness. Hyewon had to stay focused on her aim.

She directs the magic to the empress' core, to expel the poison from her body. Yes, Hyewon could feel the dark poison flowing through her system, slowing down each heartbeat. The magic rushed to her command, flooding into the empress' chest. Her hopes rose. It was working. But suddenly, all the magic she had accumulated fizzled out. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and she tries to summon all her energy only to be met with absolutely nothing.

She had spent every last drop of her magic reservoir.

Hyewon's eyes flew open. No. She cursed herself for being too reckless. She had been so used to having abundant magic that she had forgotten that magic, too, had its own limit. Stupid, stupid-

"Riki."

Hyewon looked down. The empress' condition had significantly worsened. Her eyes were starting to flutter shut, the poison already overtaking her heart. They struggled to keep eye contact with her eyes.

"My son," the former glorious Empress Mika rasped, taking short, quick breaths, "Promise me. Take care. Him Please. Tell him that-" her mouth snapped shut, her body wincing in pain.

Her heart tightened. Should she tell her about their strained relationship? How could she even 'take care' of him when she wasn't even around him. Hyewon swallowed the bile that threatened to rise from her throat. "Anything for you, Your Majesty." she answered hesitantly. "I give you my word."