Chapter 32

The mumbling and whispers around him was getting irritating. He pulled on the chains on his wrists to get some sort of relief but it was useless.

He inhaled silently. The least they could do was let him sit but here he was displayed like some artifact wild animal chained both hands and legs while standing. He can understand this was a punishment but it's fucking too uncomfortable.

"What are y'all mumbling about like some gossiping market women" Taehyung quickly recognized the new voice but doesn't open his eyes. He knew he was coming to pay him a visit for sure.

"Apologies" one of the guards voice piped up not really sounding sorry.

"You can all step out for now.."

"We are on duty to guard him and can't leave plus we were instructed not to let anyone come see him without boss permission" the same guard responded.

"As you can see I am here to treat his wound instructed by his father, your boss. I don't want to repeat the instructions, Leave!"

There was silence for a few seconds before reluctant feets were dragged out of the cell. After another few seconds a chair could be heard dragging against the floor towards Taehyung.

He wanted to pay him no mind but opened his eyes immediately he felt the pull on the chains slacking and soon he was pushed backward to sit on the chair.

He silently sighed in relief. Quickly rubbing on the wrists.

"You have changed a lot" Kia finally spoke a small smile playing on his lips before bending down in front of him.

Taehyung was still not paying him any mind but pulled away when kia wanted to pass his hands through his blond hair.

"Don't touch me" he mumbled out in annoyance but The other doesn't look like he took offence but focused on a box by his side that seemed like a first aid box.

"I will eventually have to touch you to be able to treat you, V. It's been two days and the wound from that accident could get infected" Kai explained getting out some sterilizer and cotton wood with a medical kit.

He looked up and slowly raised his hands in an attempt to touch Taehyung's hair again but he wasn't rejected this time which brought a bright smile to his face. He proceeded to push the hair away from the injury and pressed the sterilized wool against the wound to clean it. It wasn't shocking to hear a silent hiss from the younger at the contact.

He was glad the wound wasn't too deep to require a major stitch but he still had to stitch to avoid it leaving any ugly scar.

The distance between their face finally dawned on the older when he started to stitch the wound bringing another bigger smile to his face.

"Your father is out for the night so I think you can sit till he returns. No one can disturb you. well except your brother"

Taehyung was quiet. It seemed that he did not want to engage in any small talk with the older.

"Why are you here, Kai" Kai finally heard him speak and as much as he imagined it nothing prepared him for how his name to sound so distant in those voice he treasured.

"Didn't want your wound to get infected" he responded with a sad smile, almost done with the stitch.

The silent coming from V showed that he answered the wrong question but how was he to explain that his old ass was still sitting and patiently waiting for his teenage sweetheart to return to his arms.

"I see you found your old plaything when you were away" the older continued with a little chuckle.

'Old?'