Confessions

With exams out of the way, Elijah could now fully appreciate summer at Hogwarts, the grounds in full bloom. It wasn't unusual to find him and his friends by the lake after classes, and today was no different.

Lying with his head in Lucas' lap, the older boys fingers dancing through his hair as they both read their books. Skin warmed by the sun, sharing earphones as he played Lucas music from his Walkman, which was currently playing Bon Jovi. Around them the others ran and splashed around in the water. There were moments in time Elijah wished he could bottle up and revisit as often as he wanted, and though that was possible with magic - he hadn't the resources himself to do so, but moments like these were ones he'd keep. Moments with his friends, where he felt he could be completely and unapologetically himself. Moments like these were taken for granted, he often forgot about all the defences he had up the rest of the time, and how easy it was for him now to live with barriers up.

"You worried about going home?" Lucas hummed, noting the Slytherin hadn't turned the page to his book in a hot minute.

The sound of the others voice pulled Elijah back from his thoughts, making him blink up at the other other. "Hm, yes and no." he shrugged. His eyes fluttered closed as the others hand ran through his hair again.

"You could always just come stay with my dad and I.. He said he'd happily take you in." Lucas smiled, setting his own book down so he could focus on his boyfriend, gentle fingers tracing over the others scar that crept over his eye.

"That's an incredibly kind offer, but I don't want to intrude on you guys for too long, you need to have your own time together too." Elijah hummed, relaxing against the others touch, he found it hard to be affectionate and intimate with people, but with Lucas it came easily, it had since the first time they met.

Lucas knew it would take a lot for Elijah to up and leave his parents, and he understood it to an extent. The Potters were a well known and well respected Wizarding family, to have your eldest son up and leave would be the gossip of the pure-bloods for months. The last time he knew of that happening was Sirius Black, his father had told him that story. "You'll still try to come for a week or two though?" he asked.

"Of course, it's the highlight of my summer." The boy grinned, opening his eyes and looking up at the other, a blush warming his cheeks as he took in the Hufflepuffs features. He loved his time with Lucas and his father over the summer, it was the best part. Even if it did include lying to his parents.

Oh, Lucas could get lost in those eyes, beautiful hues of blue, green and grey then the darkness of the brown that intruded in the left. It added to the beauty of the younger boy, and was one of Lucas' favourite pass times, just staring into them. "Dad said he has got tickets to the Quidditch World Cup, and if you don't want to sit with your parents in the VIP box, you can join us. Though, you might have to go to the VIP box if your tryouts go well."

It was one of the 'perks' his father got with being a well established Auror, VIP tickets to most Wizarding events, of course, most of them were filled with pure-blood families such as the Malfoys, so Elijah never understood why his father took them so seriously. Last time he asked, he got told it was to do with family reputation, so he just accepted it and dressed the part when he had to, but ninety percent of the time he did manage to escape the events, unlike Harry. Of course he had to go. "Unfortunately, I've been told I have to go and be on my best behaviour, but I'll try to slip out during the game.. Or I'll try to find you before and after?" he suggested.

"Your parents will let you come to our tent after?" Lucas asked, raising a brow.

"I didn't say that." Elijah chuckled, rolling his eyes. Reluctantly he sat up, pulling his knees to his chest and looking over to the other boy. "I'll sneak out, come see you. I think the others are going, so perhaps we can all meet up?"