Pluto

Weeks and months blurred together as Spring Break approached. But nothing noteworthy happened, it just seemed like his first year at Hogwarts once again. No pending doom or threat of his brothers life.

He'd convinced McGonagall and Dumbledore to let him sit his exams, wanting to get his O.W.Ls finished. So a lot of time was spent studying with his friends and Nik. They'd grown closer as the weeks passed, Nik and Elijah, perhaps it was the absence of Lucas, or perhaps it was just a lot less stressful knowing they didn't have to dance in front of strangers again. They could just enjoy each others company without the pressure of putting a label on what they were.

He and Nik had spent most of the evening at the boathouse, watching the sunset over the lake. The oranges and purple in the sky blending together to make a picturesque view that made the whole scene glow.

"So back home tomorrow?" Nik asked, raising a brow.

"Just for two weeks, I've actually got to go to Vancouver for training. My godparents are coming with me." Elijah shrugged, looking to the other boy.

"Tell me about them?" Nik hummed, adjusting one of the pillows amongst the heap of blankets they had stuffed into one of the paddle boats to get cozy whilst watching the sunset.

"About Sirius and Remus?" Elijah questioned. That was a new one, hardly anyone asked him about them. Hardly anyone asked him about any of his family, they stopped after his first year when he gave a Ravenclaw boy a black eye for persistently asking him about his parents and Harry.

"Yeah.. I don't know much about Sirius Black other than what the papers said. And, I know Remus used to be a Professor here because Alix told me. But other than that, I don't know anything about either of them, yet, you know a lot about my family."

"Oh.. I can tell you about them. What do you want to know?" Elijah hummed. It felt strange, like he was letting someone peak behind the curtain he'd worked so hard on keeping closed. He wasn't ashamed of either of them, he just finally had something good and had wanted to keep it safe and the best way he knew how to keep anything safe was to keep it private.

"Anything. Tell me anything. Prep me for when I finally get to meet them."

The brunette nodded, "Ok.. Sirius is a little.. I want to say crazy, but that is just purely for the fact that I lack a better word.. but not a bad crazy, a good crazy. He is impulsive and can have a quick tongue, both of which get him into trouble and ninty-nine percent of the time it is in trouble with Remus. But he is smart, caring and his heart seems to always be in the right place. Remus is more calculated, quiet and logical. Which Sirius teases him for. But he is selfless, kind and always knows what to say. He doesn't feel the need to be the loudest in the room to show his intelligence. Honestly, they bounce off each other fairly well, where one lacks the other excels. They are two idiots, in the best way, and two of the most embarrassingly supportive people I know. And they completely changed my life. I wouldn't have left my family if it hadn't have been for them, I would have stayed until I was old enough to do it alone. But, Remus and Sirius... They are like real life heroes, you know? Like have you ever read Batman and Robin comics or Sherlock Holmes stories? Because they are like Holmes and Watson and Batman.. And.. Well, Remus isn't Robin, actually, rather Alfred.. But my point still stands. They are my heroes and I owe them everything."

Nik didn't say a word whilst the other boy gushed over his godparents. It wasn't the only time he'd heard Elijah sit and pick apart every good thing about the people he loved, during the first date he heard him do it with Alix and Jay, and at the dance he did so with Ezra, then a week later about Felix; Harry, Fred, George, Hermione, Ron and even Poppy. He had listened to the boy list of everything he loved about the people who loved him, and it was one of Nik's favourite things about him. Even whilst mentioning flaws he found a way to make them seem redeemable. He knew what made every person in his life tick, he knew all the good and bad, and when warranted he would excuse the bad and when it wasn't Nik had a feeling it was something Elijah would talk to his friends about openly. The boy who came from a family who barely knew him, knew every detail on everyone else. Maybe that was why.