Flying High

Poppy had kept Elijah in for the hospital wing for the better part of a week, knowing that he'd probably end up doing something that would tear through his stitches if she was to let him go too soon. The dragons claw had torn through a lot of muscle and she had been putting a lot of different healing potions on it to restore his arm, but finally she was happy with how it was healing. It also didn't hurt to keep him in to make sure he was getting sleep.

Sirius and Remus had stuck around in Hogsmeade with The Potters, as they postponed any updates on the Tournament until after Elijah was released. Both his godfathers came to visit him daily, as did his friends, and several of his Professors. Including Dumbledore who had wanted to know all the ins and outs about how he taught himself wandless magic, seemingly a little distant as the boy told him... As if he was concerned on how the boy managed to do it. Even Harry came to visit, he sat and listened to how his brother had done his task practically on the edge of his seat the whole time.

Today, however, was the Durmstrang vs Hogwarts Quidditch game and Elijah was excited, even if Poppy had put him under strict instructions to not play. If it hadn't been for the fact that Sirius and Remus had been in earshot of her advice he would have ignored it, but he had a werewolf and a hot-headed Black to deal with if he broke the rules. It did help to know that Harry also wasn't allowed to play, because James and Lily thought it would be a risk and unnecessary stress, Cedric had also pulled out, and Krum was under strict instructions to rest from Karkaroff. So he wasn't the only Champion not competing.

He'd been able to shower and change, waiting on his hospital cot for Remus and Sirius who insisted on taking him for breakfast before the Quidditch match.

Poppy had gone to get some ingredients from Professor Sprout to aid a wave of upset stomach's that was working its way through the school.

"You ready, Champ?" Sirius called from the entrance.

"We spoke about the nicknames.." Remus murmured to Sirius.

"But he is a Champ.. and you call him kiddo." Sirius argued.

"Honestly, anything is better than Fluffy." Elijah chuckled, getting up and approaching them both.

"See.." Sirius said smugly to Remus.

Remus rolled his eyes with a smile. "Come on, let's get some breakfast."

They headed to Hogsmeade, walking down the cobbled stone path from the castle to the small village.

"Has anyone said anything about the second task?" Remus asked the boy.

"No, Alix told me they are waiting to announce all the information tonight at a feast. But I can write to you once I know more." He hummed, hands in his pockets.

"Promise me you'll come up with a plan for this one?" Remus said, turning to the boy with a faint smile.

"Erm.. sure." He shrugged, "I'll come up with a plan, just for you."

Walking into the Three Broomsticks they took a seat in a booth, Elijah gently pulled at the soaked wrap that Poppy had put over his stitches, it was still a little itchy due to it healing.

Looking across the pub he saw two things he'd rather not see. The first being Lucas on a date with the Beauxbaton girl, and the second being Harry with their parents.

"So.. Are you guys leaving straight after the game?" He asked, turning back to his godfathers.

"Afraid so, business to attend to back home." Sirius sighed, obviously not liking the idea of going back and leaving Elijah behind.

Remus on the other hand, had noticed Lucas by the window, and could tell the boy was avoiding the issue. Still he waited until Sirius got up to go order before turning to Elijah.