Chapter 3: Heartache

Peacekeepers guide us into seperate linen colored rooms which were slightly less dull. I slowly take a seat on a cushy bench parallel from the door. Kamryn, my Mom and Dad burst through the doors. My mother rushes to hug me "Haymitch I-" is the only words she can make out clearly. "Haymitch.." She says, wrapping her hands around me. She bursts into tears loudly until my father places a comforting hand around her shoulder "Agora.", He says softly. His voice seems to calm my mother down. Everyone's too nice to say it, but we all know deep down I will die a gorey, agonizing death in the arena.  Kamryn stands behind my Mother, with a blank, emotionless expression across his face. I worry about what'll happen to Kamryn in the long run, I can only wish on shooting stars he doesn't end up like me. And I can only wish my father is nicer to Kamryn than he is to me, I can count 5 times me and my father got into fistfights. Four out of five times it was because I hid his alcohol. Much like Orla, Kamryn's to frail for any sort of combat and very underdeveloped. "Atleast try to win, I think you could." Kamryn says with a quavering voice,water collecting in his eyes, about to spill. And for the first time ever, I held Kamryn in my arms, Telling him everything would be okay and everything would workout overtime. Me and Kamryn both knew these were words of insincerity.  I allowed a little bit of water to creep out of my eyes, but the more water that escaped, the more gut wrenching thoughts swirled around my head. Salty water sponsored by my hopelessness streamed down my cheeks. A peacekeeper storms into the room with tall stature, "Your 3 minutes are up." he says. Without even looking back, my family exits the room. 
And suddenly, a giant whole was ripped into my heart that couldn't be patched, no prize or victory could patch this heart. I don't want to do anything, I don't want to think about anything. 
I want to sit in a corner and have my delusional thoughts comfort me. 
Suddenly, a peace keeper gently pushes Sara into the room, and for a second, I swear I felt fixed, as if everyone one of my problems dissolved into the air as soon as Sara walked into the room. her gorgeous blue eyes, the color of the beautiful sky met mine and a half smile formed on her face. "I'm sorry" I say, taking her hand in mine. I feel a light flush on my face. Sara sees the agony in my eyes, she knows. She gently takes the side's of my face in her hands and pulls her face closer, "It's not your fault Haymitch." she says gently. 
Being in Sara's presence almost help's me forget the misery and the awaiting pain. I pull Sara closer to me and hold on to her for the few minutes we have left together. Sara gently lays her head on top of my shoulder. We both stare into the linen wall, savoring every second we have together. Sara and I don't even need to talk, we both know what we're thinking about. The room fell so quiet you could hear a mouse. And then, the moment Sara and I have both been dreading: when we have to depart from eachother. As Sara left the room, I felt my throat begin to get tight and water began forming in my eyes, I could feel the heat around my face spread like fire, catching.