Chapter 6: The tributes

From District 1:
"Giada Hermes." The announcer calls, scanning the audience for Giada, when the cameras finally locate Giada , Another girl who is a rather tall, scrawny girl and with hair the color of fine, capitol wine rushes up in front of Giada, practically pushing her back. Another girl leaps into action: three girls rushing to the stage to volunteer. The girl with the wine colored hair pushes Giada onto the ground, leaving Giada wimpering and struggling to get back up. "Go Willow, Go Willow!!" A voice from the audience says. The girl with the wine colored hair finally reached the stage, leaving the other girl empty handed. "Whats your name?" The announcer asks, while rolling her eyes. "Willow Gleam." Willow says, nearly out of breath from the whole interaction. Willow is the girl with the wine colored hair that shimmered in the District 1 sunlight. Peacekeepers quietly escort the other girl back to the crowd while she punches the air in the background.

"James Crane." The announcer says, before he could even finish the name a boy with curled dirty blond hair was already rushing onto stage, waving to the audience with pride. "I volunteer as tribute!" "Whats your name son?" The announcer asks gently, clearly annoyed by the never-ending reaping. "Ardor Blanze" The boy says confidently. Something about Ardor made him stand out, his strong oura and posture suggested he was worth betting on.

The other 2 tributes looked like the typical District 1 tributes- Skin light as snow, and flowing hair usually the color of rays of sunlight.

"Can you imagine having that much action in District 12?" Maysilee asks me.

"What??" I ask, genuinely confused. I couldn't catch a word Maysilee said.

"Nevermind." Maysilee says, in a hushed tone.

I cant stand Maysilee, why couldn't less annoying tributes me reaped this year? I wouldn't nessacarily say I want to be the ones to kill the District 12 tributes, however I wont mind when someone does ME the service.

I, once again, direct my attention towards the re-runs of reapings. Maysilee, Orla and Alden genuinely aren't worth all my energy and never will be. They'll die in someones arms during the games and it certainly wont be mine

From District 2:

"Norma Gunner" the District 2 tribute announcer says into the microphone, Norma hesitantly walks up the steps. "Come on Norma, come up!" The announcer says, clearly wanting to be done with the reaping. Norma had very dark brown hair, that almost looked like it was made out of pure silk. No one volunteered for Norma: could this be because Norma was not one to mess with?  "Any volunteers?" The announcer asks, with a tired tone in his voice. "Great..Next one."

"Valda Slayte!" The name was louder this time, I could hear it echo around the Reaping square. A girl with auburn hair begins to go to the stage, however does not make it far because her friend  held her back. Once Valda gets onto the stage, I realize how Valda looked very pale in comparrison to Norma, Infact Valda would probaly look pale in comparrision to everyone. Valda stood at a very tall height, towering over Norma.

I cant help but notice how much more vibrant the District 2 reaping square looks in comparssion to District 12. It really shows the difference money and power makes.

"Ajax Boaz.." Says the announcer, in a slow and exausted tone. A tall, muscular boy sprints to the stage, racing multiple other boys. The tall, muscular one beat all the boys. "Name?" Says the announcer, finally sounding like he wasn't about to jump off the stage head-first for once.  "Ajax, Ajax Boaz." The tall, muscular boy says. He has brown hair with blue shimmering eyes. "He might actually have a shot at winning!" I think to myself, also forgetting that I'm in the games aswell. 

The rest of the tributes had nothing special about them really. They all progressively became more sickly looking and underfed District after District. Once we got to our Districts reaping, Of course it was Maysilee who was the one to talk about her "Dearest Carine." And something about this boy in our grade, his name is Zachary Mellark I think, I really dont care what his name is- especially because he's in Maysilee's little circle. Because Maysilee starting going on about stuff no one really cares about, Orla thought that gave her the right to the same: Orla began to talk on about her friend named Julia, which happened to be Maysilee's twin sister. My head already ached from this morning and the sound of specific voices, my heart already ached from the absence of Sara and Kamryn. What's next?