Chapter 7: The perks of inevitable death

A look at all my choices for food. Fine, rich capitol food. Apart of me feelings guilty, really. I'm over here fine dining on Capitol food, whilist Kamryn probably hasn't seen food in days. Guilt circulates throughout my blood while I take the final bites of my dinner. 
I stand up discretely, hoping Maysilee (whose sitting across from me) doesn't ask any questions, Maysilee might have a little more brains because she's from the Merchant section, but telling her the plan is far to risky, Another thing about Merchant girls:  None of them can keep their mouths shut. 
I walk out of the fancy dinner room and into the lounge, I walk throughout the rest of the train to try and find the door that leads outside the train. 
After some time, I finally find the door. I practically traded my problem for a new one as now, I faced a fancy lock on the door that not even the greatest locksmith in 12 could pick. Without giving it a second thought- I begin to throw my body at the door, hoping that'll open the door. 

"Haymitch?" Orla says, calling my name from across the hall. When she see's me, she looks confused.  

"ORLA!" I nearly shriek. My shriek is mixed with fear and anger, Orla caught me off guard. 
I walk closer to Orla and kneel down to her height, "Orla- you can't tell anyone what I was doing." "Do you understand?" I ask frantically, if the peacekeepers on the train find out what I was attempting my whole family could be jeopardized. "I'll help you." Orla say's, softly. We both exchange a glance. 

Me and Orla failed to escape the train ride, we gave up and decided to enjoy the (what seemed like) never-ending train ride. No matter how well fed I was, no matter how much I distracted myself- I still couldn't seem to shake the weight of my fast approaching inevitable death.