Chapter 5: The others

When I wake up, a horrible, infuriating ringing sound is pushed through my left ear. It almost sounds like Vincent's voice but slightly less irritating. I gently run my hands through my face and my hair, partially waking me up. It helps me to imagine Kamryn is sleeping peacefully, beneath my bed, As safe and sound as can be, where no one can hurt him. 

I get out of my bed, which was a gift from the heavens, Pillowcases made out of silk with the capitol's symbol plastered all over it, bed sheets made out of pure velvet. 
The sun leaks in from my window blinds which makes it warm, and I hate being warm. I get out of bed and walk over to the lounge, hoping a chandelier won't nearly strike me on the head again. When I get into the lounge, Maysilee, Alden and Orla are all snuggled up tight, watching re-runs of the past Hunger Games. I snatch a bowl of fine capitol fruits, nuts and various different seed's straight off the table and begin satisfying my hunger with it, Not even anyone from the Merchant section of District 12 could afford this kind of breakfast. "We're re-watching some of the old Hunger Games so we can see different ways the victors won!" Maysilee says, practically screaming. "What games are we watching?" I ask, "Well, we're looking for the 10th but we can't seem to find it- maybe its connected to the case of the missing victor?" Alden says, going on about shit no one cares about. Just when I thought I escaped Vincent, I have his carbon copy, Alden here- Joy to the damn world.. 

After watching a marathon of past Hunger Games, Alden bursts into tears, "They were all so young...too pure for Panem.." he says, and then continue to go blubbering on about dying in the hands of Panem. Of course it was Maysilee who consoled him and allowed him to bury his face into her. We couldn't even make it past the 30-ish minute mark of the next Hunger Games because then Alden started going on about how his cousin was reaped for the games a few years back. "His-name was Diablo.. He used to love playing in the field and that's how he died.." Alden says, barely making the words out. Great, another sob story no one really cares about. Maybe his cousin Dino or whatever his name was, should have known to not be playing in a field during the HUNGER GAMES? "Peace,, for Panem" Alden says, repetitively.
 "I know, I know I'm sorry. everything is so messed up." Maysilee says, placing a comforting hand on Alden's shoulder. I've heard Maysilee comfort Alden so much they should either get married or I should cut my ears off.

 "How bout' we switch to this year's reapings?" I ask, desperately trying to change the subject. 
Maysilee glance's at me again, this time out of annoyance. Orla's sound asleep on the floor. It's crazy how she already looks dead. "Sure, Haymitch- Lets watch the reaping's!" says Maysilee, sternly- trying the send the memo that she's pissed. I gather a stash of snack's to eat while watching the reaping's.