Chapter 9: The Chariot

Tygrus and I went on about those who wronged us, and those who saved us until it was time to load the chariots. Peacekeepers shove us into our chariots,  I'm placed next to Alden- joy. 
Halfway through the chariot rehearsal Alden pulls his crybaby stunt again- this time infront of all the tributes "It's just so emotional- it really is." he says, attempting to put his head on my shoulder. It was at this point that I had decided it was enough, "You can pull that stuff with Maysilee, but I'm not Maysilee. If you wanted to be treated like a baby you should've gone to her." I say, in a stern tone. Trying to make it clear I will be having none of Alden's stunts- especially not in the arena.  
"Chariots go in 5, 4, 3, 2..." A voice calls throughout the center. It takes a while for our chariot to begin moving. As soon as District 11 goes, our chariot is jolted in to action. No one bothers to even take a second look at our chariot at our costumes and no one knows our names. The crowd is mainly chanting Norma's name. "Norma, Norma, Norma!" The audience chants. I look at the audience with disgust. How can you look at all of these kids, knowing only one can come back? 
I think the capitol citizens fail to realize we're people just like them- not dolls that someone pulls the strings to. Snow gives his annual Hunger games speech. The chariots are a fairly new addition to the Hunger Games. I look back at Tygrus, who's watching Snow's speech from a far. Tygrus looks pained as she watches Snow.