Queen of Hawkins Middle (Part 2) - M.M

Lunch was filled with the sound of kids chattering and trays clicking against the tables as everyone found a spot to eat. You sat alone, you preferred it that way since almost everyone here was just annoying. Your back was pressed up against the wall in the far corner of the cafeteria, your boots kicked up on the table as you read a book in your lap.

Max sat with Mike, Lucas, Will, and Dustin. She couldn't take her eyes off you, you were just so perfect. Even if she's never said a single word to you. Lucas had noticed this, raising a brow as he turned his attention from the other boys' chatter to the redhead.

"You know she hates everyone, right?" His voice snapped Max out of her trance, her eyes snapping away from you to the dark-skinned boy.

"Everyone?" She asked, Lucas nodding in confirmation. "Maybe I can change her mind."

Lucas chuckled, scoffing quietly as he took a bit of his burger. "You can sure try. The worst thing to happen is you end up on her shit list and she will never talk to you again." He shrugged in a matter-of-fact tone.

Max ignored his statement, rolling her eyes as she looked back at you. Only this time, your eyes found hers, and another staring contest was ensued. She loved the way your Y/E/C eyes swirled with amusement, it just made them sparkly more.

Your eyes wondered from hers to her hair, Max's fiery red hair was bright, it caught your attention. You really liked it. Max couldn't take it anymore, she pushed her tray aside, standing up to walk over to your table.

"Max-" Lucas was cut off when Dustin slammed his hand over his mouth, watching Max walk up to you in curiosity with the others.

You smirked as the redhead approached you, sitting down across from you nervously. You knew your intimidation made her nervous, so you closed your book with one hand, slamming it on the table causing Max to jump. The boys watch in anticipation.

"No one comes over here." You finally spoke, your voice was like honey, raspy and low, it made Max melt. "What makes you think you're special?"

Max ignored your defensive comments, sighing under her breath as she straightened her back. "I'm Max." She held her hand out.

You raised a brow in surprise, but your face remained unfazed as you reached out, shaking her hand. "Y/N." You stated.

"I've heard a lot about you." Max began, your smirk returning to your face. "What's it like being the queen of the school?"

"Oh, it's hell." You answered honestly, leaning forward as you rested your elbows on the table. "Suddenly everyone wants to be your friend." You eyed Max up and down suspiciously.

Max noticed your actions, opening her mouth. "I want to get to you know. Not use you." She said as she pulled her hands away, stuffing them nervously in the pockets of her red jacket.

You were impressed at how well she was holding under your pressure and gaze. You were also surprised that she wanted to actually get to know you.

Besides, she was your type.

"Okay, Max." You emphasized her name, causing her to blush as you stood up, tucking your book away in the hidden pocket of your leather jacket. "Meet at the bleachers when you're ready to get to know me." You winked, tapping the table two times with your index finger before leaving.

Max sat there in shock, joy filling her body as she slowly smiled widely. "Fuck yeah." She whispered under her breath, having a silent celebration to herself.

Little did she know, you were watching her from afar, admiring her with a smile.

——————
A/N:
What do we think? 👀

——————A/N:What do we think? 👀