Valentine Gram - M.M

You sat beside Mike in science class, hearing him go on and on about how much he hated Valentine's day. You rolled your eyes, you hated it too but no one saw you complaining as much as he was.

You only hated it because you thought love was stupid, especially after your last girlfriend broke up with you the day before Valentine's Day. You were heartbroken and ended up keeping the gift that you got her for yourself.

"Any plans today?" Will asked you, tuning our re conversation Mike and the other guys were having. You shrugged your shoulders.

"I don't know, I don't really have anyone for today so probably not, no." You stated and gave the boy a small smile, to which he returned before the two of you faced the front of the class when the teacher began to speak.

"Valentine Gram delivery!" One of the older students from the upper class, popped his head in, pushing a cart with some Valentine grams on it. You rolled your eyes as he began to call out names, one last one sat on his cart. He scanned the list before picking it up. "And one for... Y/N Y/L/N." He said.

Shock ran through your body as the boys turned to you in confusion, seeing your face filled with surprise made them even more confused. You hesitantly took the single rose flower that had a box of chocolates attached to it. You flipped opened the small note card, reading it.

To: Y/N Y/L/N

From: Your Secret Admirer (P.s. meet at the bleachers after school)

-

You made your way to the bleachers after school, the sun was beginning to set and you had called Steve ahead of time that you won't need a ride home, you made up an excuse that you were doing something after school for a club.

A path of rose petals caught your attention — you followed them, tucking your hands in the pockets of your jacket since it was so cold out. "Hello?" You called out softly when you saw a dark shadow moving from behind the bleachers where the rose petals led you.

Max stepped out from the shadows, giving you a shy smile. "Hey..." She chuckled awkwardly as she waved at you. You were a little surprised, but you were blushing like crazy. "Surprise?"

So she was your secret admirer. Huh.

You froze as a small smile formed on your face when you saw how much effort she put into this. She was wearing some nice dress pants with a white collared shirt and a black jacket over it, her hair was done beautifully with light makeup on her face.

"This is quite the surprise, Mayfield." You smirked, stepping towards her so she didn't flush from embarrassment from her thinking you didn't want this.

You've had a crush on her since she moved here.

"Do you like it?" She stepped out the way — fiddling with her fingers nervously as she showed you the little picnic she had set up on the bleachers. Candles were lit everywhere, a bouquet of roses aligned with a basket of food, even a box of chocolates for you.

"I love it." You whispered slowly and stepped towards the picnic, taking a seat. Max followed you with a smile.

"Really?" She asked nervously.

"Absolutely." You hooked your finger under her chin to make her look at you. "This is amazing." You pecked her cheek, watching her face then red. "Thank you so much for this, cutie."

Max cleared her throat from how easily flustered she from your touch and words. You tried not to laugh so you didn't embarrass the girl more. "I-I'm glad y-you l-like it." She stuttered out and offered you a chocolate covered strawberry. "Want one?"

You giggled as you took one, kissing her cheek again as the two of you chatted the night away and let's just say — Max was definitely a bright red after you kissed her lips at the end of the night.