Queen of Hawkins Middle (Part 3) - M.M

You leaned back against the railing of the bleachers, doodling mindlessly in your small, travel size journal. You didn't even hear Max walk in, the redhead watching you from a distance throughout the gym. She finally worked up the nerve to actually walk up to you.

"Uh, hi." Max said nervously, taking a seat next to you, but making sure to put some distance between you two.

You closed your journal, looking up at Max, a smile tugging at your lips. "What's up, red?"

"Red?" She questioned, making you chuckle.

"Your hair." Was all you said, nodding to her head as Max glanced up, chuckled awkwardly. "I'm surprised you actually came."

"Why?" The redhead asked again, you weren't surprised that she had a lot of questions.

"Because people are scared of me." You leaned your back against the wall, kicking your feet up on the bench beneath you. "Nobody talks to me, well, except those weird friends of yours."

"If it makes you feel better, I'm not scared of you." Max reassured, looking at you with a sweet smile that made your heart race. "You kinda just make me nervous." She admitted, a blush dusting over her cheeks.

"Me? How do I make you nervous?" You asked, tilting your head at the girl who scratched the back of her neck.

"I don't know if you know this, but you're really beautiful." No, you did not know that. Max's sentence made you blush. "Like, I truly think you're the most gorgeous girl in school and I've only been here for a few weeks."

"You don't mean that." You shrugged your shoulders, ignoring how hot your face felt and how fast your heartbeat was going.

"Yeah... I do." Max nodded, inching closer to you till your shoulders touched, she kept her gaze on you, her eyes filled with softness and comfort. Something you've been searching for.

Finally, you look at her, realizing your faces were merely inches away, you glanced down at her lips, smiling a little when she mirrored your actions. "You'll regret this." You whispered as you both slowly started leaning in.

"I don't think I will." Max mumbled as your lips brushed over each others, her arm slowly wrapping around your shoulders, pulling you closer, but your lips not connected.

"Have it your way, Mayfield." You smiled, your hand going to the back of her neck as you finally pushed her lips onto yours, feeling passion and warmth shoot through your body.

Max felt like fireworks were exploding in her stomach, the kiss felt electric. It only lasted a few seconds, but it felt like forever. You both took your time to savor the kiss.

"Told you." Max started, a little out of breath as your eyes slowly fluttered open, catching sight of her ocean blue eyes. "I wouldn't regret this." She finished.

You playfully rolled your eyes. "Just shut up and kiss me."

"Yes ma'am." Max mumbled out before your lips were smashed together again, this time, both of you smiling into the kiss.