Chapter 8: Breakdown

You were fast asleep when you heard your phone ringing. You wiping your eyes out of sleep you sat up and reached for your phone. Flopping back onto your bed you answered.

"Hello"

"Is this Indigo Benjamin?" A male voice asked

"Yes this is she, how can I help you?"

"I'm calling about Marissa Benjamin " their was a sound of ruffling papers."It says your her daughter?"

"Yes, I am...what's going on, what happened?" You could here the man let out a sigh over the phone.

"Ms benjamin, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but your mother has...passed away" he said in a sad tone.

"What...how is this...when?"

"Now I know you may have a lot of questions right now, but all I can tell you is this, she died in a car accident...apparently she was on her way home from getting a birthday gift for you"

"Yeah my, birthday was yesterday, she said she...she said she had trouble getting it on time."

"Yes it seems, the driver of the other car was texting...your mother had her seat belt on so she was taken immediately to the hospital and survived....alone few minutes ago she passed though"

"Well...uh....I, let me get a flight worked out and I'll come down for her funeral" I said my voice shaky.

"It seems she had everything prepared, so you just need to come...I'm sorry for your loss, have a nice day" he said ending the call.

Have a nice day?.....HAVE A NICE DAY....WHAT THE FUCK....he just told me my mother died and then told me to have a nice....Breath Indigo....Breath.....

Waking up gasping for air you put a hand to your chest breathing in and out heavily. Looking around bleary eyed with tears streaming down your face.

It's times like this when your alone that your missing her the most. You can't pick up the phone and tell her about rhea, you can't tell her about the championship belt...even though she would have already knew. You can't even pick up the phone and tell her you miss her.

Taking the sheets off your body and throwing your legs over the side of the bed. Your feet touched the cold ground bringing chills to your body from the sweat that was covering it. Walking to your bathroom you took a hot shower. You couldn't be alone right now so you called Demi.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked in a cheery voice.

"Can you come over" I asked my hands shaking.

"Yeah, is something wrong?" You could hear a zipper which told you she must be at the gym.

"I...I just need you hear...or someone hear right now.."I said sniffling.

"Have you been crying?...what happened Indigo talk to me" she asked in a concerning tone. You were sobbing at this point because you didn't want to bother her, but you were afraid of having an anxiety attack.

"Just come please...." I said my voice straining on the last word.

"Okay I'm one my way, I'll be their in ten okay, try to drink some water for me okay"

"Mmmhm" I said hanging up. I went downstairs with tears in my eyes again. Turning on the tap on and filling a glass. I tried taking a sip but when the water touched my tounge I spit it out. Choking on the air I dropped the glass and fell to the ground. Sobbing again...this is what I was afraid of. I gasped for breath only to choke on it again. Laying on the floor covered in glass I was choking on air while trying to do the one thing that probably would have calmed me down.

Rhea's P.O.V 😙

I was at the gym when I got a phone call from Indigo. I didn't know what was wrong but I could tell she was crying and as I asked what was wrong she just broke. Making my way to her house I couldn't help but wonder what happened. She was fine just last night she stood up to Austin theory which was kinda hot no what the hell she probably doesn't even like you like that.

Pulling up into the driveway behind her car I rushed to the door grabbing the spare key under the mat opening the door and closing it behind me.

"Indigo I'm here" the house was quiet which made me worry. I walked down the hallway that lead from the door to the kitchen and living room. Halfway down the hall I heard her. She was sobbing and sounded as if she choking.

"INDIGO" I yelled running  into the kitchen. What I saw made my heart hurt. She was on the ground glass was scattered around her and she was desperately gasping for breath. Running to her side I tried to sit her up but she didn't seem to be able to. She was such a strong person but seeing her like this was absolutely heartbreaking.

"Indigo, sweetie I need you to breathe for me, can you do that?" I asked holding her face in my hands. I could see she was trying her hardest to do that.

"Come on just do what I do...in...and out.....in...and out" She mimicked my breathing and calmed down soon. Her crys turned into sniffles and she breathed in and out.

"Hey look who's back"

"I'm sorry you had to see that....I didn't know who else to call"

"Don't apologize you didn't do anything wrong....what happened anyway"

"I had...a nightmare about the day my mom died...and it made me realize how much I missed her...and then I couldn't breath and it just..."

"It's fine...it's over now so don't worry about it" I said picking her up and setting her on her feet.

"Why don't you sit down and I'll clean this up okay" She nodded and went to the living room.

Looking at the glass I got out the broom and cleaned it up  before grabbing a glass and filling it with water. Walking into the living room I was met with Indigo asleep on the couch.

She looks so adorable when she sleeps. I set the glass down and grabbed her once upon a time captain hook throw blanket putting it on her.