Set To Rest

Hey guys, it's KitsuneKnight again, sorry for not being here two weeks ago. Thanksgiving happened in America so my only day off got moved to Thanksgiving itself, where I had no free time until almost 8. However here I am and I'll be able to write this week and on my next Wednesday off two weeks from now as well! Anyways if you want a certain character to be added for a nice scene, just leave a comment on here and I'll do my best to make it happen! Now lets get to the good stuff, shall we?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt a certain bright light on my eyelids demand my attention as I'd slowly open them. Then I'd sigh in turn. "Course, it's morning already... feels like I'm losing more and more sleep as of late." I'd then get out of bed and stretched a bit, glancing at my body once more, at the number of scars all across before I shook my head and grabbed my gear and equipment. Once dressed, I left my little home and was face-to-face with Hinoka who let out a gasp and proceeded to punch me in the face, making my head turn to the side before I just stared at her. "So... what did I do this time?"

Hinoka:"Shoot! I didn't mean to punch you in the face, (Y/N)! You just startled me. I... didn't think you were awake yet so I came to wake you up." She pulled her hand back from my face then. "Corrin told me to come and wake you up. We're... setting out to march again."

I gave a small nod then as I turned my head back to face her fully. "And... you thought the best way to wake me up was to punch me in the face? You Humans have... interesting methods to wake people up. I thought I was done being surprised, glad you can still prove me wrong."

Hinoka:"I just said I didn't mean to punch you! Gods, why are you so difficult to talk to? You're so aggravating!" She frowned, staring at me as she did so.

"Well at least I'm more competent than someone's retainers... a certain airhead and a certain other who cares not for the deaths of others."

Hinoka:"You-!" She then punched me in the face, again. This time however, I didn't turn my head from her punch and watched as she pulled it back in pain. "Ow, wait... you let me punch you? Are... you doing this on purpose?!"

"Of course, someone has to provide entertainment after all? Who better than a hotheaded Princess who seems super easy to anger and already seems to have a strong distaste for me?"

Hinoka:"Whatever, come on then. We're leaving!" I watched her storm off and let out a soft chuckle as I then followed her to where the others were, heading out of the Astral Plain to where we were before, continuing our march forward.

-After some time of walking through that castle, we get to a clearing with a bunch of trees all around in front of us.-

Corrin:"It feels like this forest goes on forever. Just how big is it, I wonder..."

Azura:"Don't worry, Corrin. Though it is long, we're on the right path."

Corrin:"You've been here before, then?"

Azura:"I'm not sure. I have very faint memories of this place. Some things feel familiar. I was young... Holding my mother's hand..."

That's when we heard a voice I didn't recognize nearby start to speak. "...Welcome, all of you. Have you been enjoying your visit to Valla?" We all turned to face the incoming Vallite General, or... I assumed it was a General given the fact they're speaking to us, they even became fully visible, losing that watery purple shimmer.

Azura:"Mother?! This can't be possible! You're-!"

???:"I am Arete. Faithful servant to the great ruler of this land, the mighty King Anankos."