21. ghost

Mike and I had quickly become inseparable

Mike and I had quickly become inseparable. I was sleeping at his house every night that he wasn't working and basically playing house. Abby knew I was his girlfriend and managed to draw a portrait of Mike and I everyday and gift it to us. 

Luckily, my sister had gone back to San Diego and my parents had decided that they'd return back to the States in a month or so. I knew once they returned I'd move out and get my own place. I was going to stay working at Siena's because the pay was going well and of course I wanted to be near Mike. 

-

It was New Year's Eve and unfortunately Mike had to work. His boss was convinced someone was going to break in to the creepy pizza parlor on New Year's Eve. I had debated whether or not going to a party with Aly and Chris, but ultimately I had decided to surprise Mike with our own little New Year's Eve party at his job. I knew it'd be fine showing up considering I had done it before and he wasn't busy at all - and what was a better day to stay up late than New Year's Eve?

I had decided I was going to go all out for this mini party I was throwing which meant I was going to wear my sparkly silver dress I had worn the previous year with my favorite pair of sparkly heels. My hair was in a half up and half down look as I made sure my eye makeup had some sort of sparkly look going on as well. 

To really bring the party effect, I had bought white and gold balloons and bought two bottles of fancy champagne for him and I to pop with glasses. To top it off, I had baked a cake with a crooked "Happy 2024" written on it. I wasn't going to be a cake decorator soon, but I was sure it'd taste fire. 

I watched the clock, waiting for a time when I knew Mike would be settled in at work. Once it hit 11:30PM, I began my easy drive over to Freddy's. Once I arrived, I decided to carry in the cake and threw the two bottles of champagne in my big purse. 

I knocked on the door of the creepy pizzeria and Mike quickly appeared with a flashlight shining at me.

"Miles?" he said, opening the door with a relieved smile.

"Hi you." I said, holding up the cake to the light so he could see.

"What is this? A cake?"

"A cake, two bottles of champagne, and balloons in my car." I said, watching him observe my outfit and give his look of approval.

"Well you look beautiful. I'll take the cake and you can go grab the balloons." he said, as I nodded and went and grabbed the balloons.

Once I made it inside, he quickly lead me past the entrance and into the backroom which is where I assumed he spent most of his time considering all the security cameras were there.

"I can't believe you did all of this." he said, placing the cake on the desk he sits at and taking the balloons from me. I set the bottles of champagne next to the cake as I leaned in and gave him a quick peck.