Duel of Friends

Lua has transferred from Darkus Magic Academy to the Midgar Royal Spellsword Academy in order to gain new experience in learning in a foreign nation. Upon transferring there, he reunite with one of his childhood friend and his crush, Seraphine Mavis-Kagenou. Both of them able to get along just fine despite being part for four years, having only use letters as the mean of communicating. As the days passed, Lua got an idea where he walks to Seraphine, which she notice Lua walk to her.

Lua: Sera, do you got a minute?

Seraphine: Yes. What is it?

Lua: Actually, I made a request at the student council office for this.

He take out a paper and show it to Seraphine.

Seraphine: That's the official duel request papers. I see, so you're going to duel with someone this afternoon.

Lua: Yes.

Seraphine: Good luck, I'm sure that you can beat who you challenge.

Lua: *sweatdrop* A-Ah... *scratch his cheek* Actually, Sera, the thing is...

Seraphine: What?

Lua: The one I request to be my opponent is you... *look away* Please don't get mad.

Seraphine: Oh, so I'll be your opponent, huh?

*silence*

Seraphine: *surprised expression* Eh...?

And not just her, the whole class is surprised that Lua is challenged Seraphine into a duel. The book fell off from her hands.

Seraphine: Wh-What did you just say?

Lua: I wanted to... duel with you. That is why I went to the office and ask for an official duel.

Seraphine: *sweatdrop* You're kidding me...

Lua: *bowing rapidly* I-I'm sorry, if I ended up upsetting you! I didn't mean it! I'm truly sorry!

Seraphine: Calm down, Lu-kun. I'm not mad at you or anything. Just suprised you wanted to duel with me.

Lua: I mean, you're strong and better when it comes to sword. It has been four years since we last see each other, that including Cid and Claire, of course. That's why I wanted to see how strong you've gotten.

Seraphine: *sigh* Okay, I'll do it... It won't even go to waste or anything. I also wanted to see how well you doing, too.

Lua: Thank you!

Seraphine: By the way, how come did you able to get the official paper? Aren't the duel system is about both parties have the term they agree on? You know, like we betting on something in return or the loser have to do what the winner said?

Lua: *glance away* Well... Because you're a commoner, no one believe that you actually get the top score in the entrance exam... Even those in the student council office didn't believe it. Though Rose-senpai is different.

Seraphine: *sweatdrop* That is expected... Since my status literally show me as a "nobody"...

Lua: Anyway, our duel will be at the afternoon after break.

Seraphine: I see. That is like around when the sword session should be.

Lua: Since we got a duel, we don't have to take the lesson today. That duel can be said as count as our session.

Seraphine: Did our session just get postponed because our duel? *scratch her head* This feels off... It's like the school just give off free time to their student...